jstuedle
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2005
- Messages
- 4,889
- Reaction score
- 18
- Location
- S.E. Indiana
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
wow I came in here to learn from you guys, and look what you do....put me down. WOW I am just learning and have only limited equipment. I only had a single window for light, oh and an external flash. I know these are not the best but considaring what I had to work with I would say they are not bad for the first time out. As far as him paying well I gave him a very very chaep price, not that its any ones business.
It's not a put down, you wanted advise. When talking of a paying job, the tables are turned from that of an amateur playing around. You just turned "PRO" my friend. Often the only difference between an amateur and a Pro is the Professional takes money for his/her work. And limited equipment has little to do with it. Some of my best work was done in the mid sixties with a 35mm SLR. A Nikkormat FS without auto anything, not even a built in meter, and a 50mm f/2.0. Primitive? Ya. Limited? Only by my/your abilities and imagination. Don't use your equipment as a crutch. Get past that and listen to what people say to you. Most of the things said on this forum have value. If you are going to put your work out there to be evaluated and not listen to what is said, then it was a waste of time and electrons.
While some posts were harsh, they can be a gage of just what the general public might think when seeing your work. If the publics reaction is such, then presenting your work on a new release CD will do little for it's sales.

