My first picture

Rambojonil303

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just took my first picture with my camera and being since I'm new at this I don't have a program to shoot in raw but that will all come soon. Shot in JPEG. Wanted the whole bracelet to come out in focus but my f stop and when i changed my f stop then I needed to choose ISO which I'm working on. Should I have used flash ? Please comment on my JPEG, I learn from suggestions. 50 mm Thanks Basic edit on program that came with my Mac.

Hi!
if you manage to hold the hand still, and put the camera on a tripod or something else that is really solid (plus put the camera into self-timer mode) I´d rather change the shutter speed than the ISO in order to keep the image quality as high as possible.
In regard to composition - you cropped the bottom part of it just slightly. If the bracelet is your main focus, you´d want it to either be in the frame as a whole, or to crop in further so that you only see a part of it.
And then I would critic the background. To me it is slightly distracting even though it fits the colors of the bracelet.
Regarding the use of flash: If you do, I´d use off camera flash and at least two - better three. If you don´t have them or plan to buy some, I´d say the lighting is better the way it is.

Hi!
if you manage to hold the hand still, and put the camera on a tripod or something else that is really solid (plus put the camera into self-timer mode) I´d rather change the shutter speed than the ISO in order to keep the image quality as high as possible.
In regard to composition - you cropped the bottom part of it just slightly. If the bracelet is your main focus, you´d want it to either be in the frame as a whole, or to crop in further so that you only see a part of it.
And then I would critic the background. To me it is slightly distracting even though it fits the colors of the bracelet.
Regarding the use of flash: If you do, I´d use off camera flash and at least two - better three. If you don´t have them or plan to buy some, I´d say the lighting is better the way it is.
Yes , I thought the same thing about the background too. Glad it wasn't just me. With me being new at this it's hard to view alone and judge what needs improvemnt so I appreciate suggestions a lot. About the cropping thanks i will get a small tripod. I really did struggle trying to get that camera still.

Post them in the thread you are asking questions on!

Keep on shooting! It's digital--no big bill for a 36-shot "roll"!

Lol, post the image here, man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back