My First Post

zcar21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have been visiting this forum for a few months and find it very helpfull. Here are a few pictures I took a couple of months ago, please leave a commnent or feedback.
The photos were taken with a canon xt + 50mm 1.8.

IMG_0679b.jpg

IMG_0660b.jpg

IMG_0622b.jpg

Last edited:
First point - please number your images when you post them...makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them, even when there is only three - thanks.

First two - the horizon is right in the middle - not the best place to put it from a composition perspective - look up "rule of thirds", etc. The first one seems to be underexposed a bit, maybe add some exposure or brightness to the image - not sure which editing program you are using, so can't suggest anything else.

Third one is not too bad, but the horizon is not straight - appears tilted to the left just slightly - but I like the image - would be interesting to see it without the person - but that is probably just my taste.

My 0.02¢, FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

The "story" of the images weak.
What I mean is that there is not anything that jumps out to me as the theme/subject ... there seems to be too much in the shot.

#2 would be better as a closer shot to concentrate on the people with the boat.
I think a different viewpoint would be better for #3

Thanks for the comments. I usually tend to take pictures of something to make memories from what I see instead of creating an image that would be appealing for other people. I have to start thinking more about the subjects and what other people would think. Is there anybody here who just take picture for themself? For example, in number two I had just seen people take out the motor, and fuel, and there was a woman caring a child and watching the fishermen take off. And that's why I took the picture.

I like the pictures but also seem a bit too far away from the subjects. Especially #2 X-|

Last edited:
I like the 3rd photo. I feel it be better if you can include the setting Sun into the photo.

My 2cent

I like the 3rd photo. I feel it be better if you can include the setting Sun into the photo.

My 2cent

Actually, it was at dawn, but couldn't see the sun because of the clouds.

The original picture was a lot more orage and darker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back