What's new

My First Senior Shoot - Erin

Please lighten her eyes a bit. That is some heavy ass black makeup on one gorgeous girl!

Thats the great thing about our studio. They're told to come in without makeup and the makeup artists do it for them. So as the photographer you don't have to worry about it.
 
fjrabon said:
well, in all seriousness, it's one of the first things you are trained to look for if you're trained to do senior photos. Always check the bra straps. Nothing like a furious mother coming in accusing you of making their daughter look like a slut.

Yea, you have a point there...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
Aaaaaaaaactually... I did notice the bra strap when we were shooting and had her fix it, but then this wound up being one of my favorite shots... and I MEANT to fix it in post, but forgot because I was kinda excited to post them up here and see how bad they were. :lol:

On the eye makeup... yeah, when I saw how much she had on when she showed up I was a little surprised. I'll try to lighten them a touch. Good idea.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #19
And thank you all again for your comments and suggestions!
 
manaheim said:
Aaaaaaaaactually... I did notice the bra strap when we were shooting and had her fix it, but then this wound up being one of my favorite shots... and I MEANT to fix it in post, but forgot because I was kinda excited to post them up here and see how bad they were. :lol:

On the eye makeup... yeah, when I saw how much she had on when she showed up I was a little surprised. I'll try to lighten them a touch. Good idea.

Reminds me of an article I read yesterday posted on fstoppers, Victoria Secret photographers edit out bikini straps to make them appear strapless on the models leaving me and everyone else confused as to why they are falsely advertising their products...but this is a topic for another thread :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #22
Thanks, guys...

I'm playing a bit with curves to try to tweak the exposure a hair. I think the data is there I just need to massage it a bit...

Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20070.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
Oh wait... better... man, I think I'm going to have to re-edit all of these. :lol:

Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20078.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
Minor bump?
 
Some have hot spots on her face. You need one of those round reflector, diffuser disc things, off camera flash or umbrella, if you plan to do this on a regular basis. There are also hundreds of how to YouTube videos. Some good locations to shoot would also help, abandoned plant, train yard, junk yard, something creative and different.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom