What's new

My First Senior Shoot - Erin

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lovely girl and a total sweetheart. She was great to work with.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

==1==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20020.jpg


==2==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20024.jpg


==3==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20033.jpg


==4==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20035.jpg


==5==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20052.jpg


==6==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20065.jpg


==7==
Erin%20Roach%20-%20Senior%20Photos%20-%20068.jpg
 
She's a cutie!
Nice job, I love the ones with her in the tree!
 
I like 3 and 4. lighting seems off in the rest. To harsh maybe?
 
Not too bad, but I see dismembered body parts, an object growing out of her head and a strong visual element leading your eye into her boobs. Softer fill would help some of these too.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

On the dismembered body parts... I thought I cut them off at the right places? I was certainly careful to choose where I did it.

On the fill light... in that very first one, yeah... too harsh. I agree. I was the least happy with the shots I took of her on the bridge. I think there was more ambient light there than I realized and I was trying to keep her face from being overly shadowed. I probably should have dialed it down a bit more. I thought it was pretty good otherwise (in the tree, for example)? No?

Anyway, regardles... thanks all for your comments.

I'd love to know if I did well with the posing and stuff from some of the folks more experienced with shooting people?
 
6&7, you got strong beams of ambient light that were too strong on her face. 6 there is too much fill light on the tree, and you left a really ugly part of the tree in, where a branch was cut and rotted off. 7, the beam of light really makers her forehead look huge
 
I think your "amputations" are fine. I agree that the forehead highlight in the last one is a bit strong, but other than that, seems like a strong set to me.
 
also wanted to say that overall they are good. Just trying to point out things to help you out/be more aware of next time.

edit: also a tiny bit of bra strap is visible in 3 & 4
 
fjrabon said:
also wanted to say that overall they are good. Just trying to point out things to help you out/be more aware of next time.

edit: also a tiny bit of bra strap is visible in 3 & 4

Only you man, only you xD
 
fjrabon said:
also wanted to say that overall they are good. Just trying to point out things to help you out/be more aware of next time.

edit: also a tiny bit of bra strap is visible in 3 & 4

Only you man, only you xD

well, in all seriousness, it's one of the first things you are trained to look for if you're trained to do senior photos. Always check the bra straps. Nothing like a furious mother coming in accusing you of making their daughter look like a slut.
 
fjrabon said:
also wanted to say that overall they are good. Just trying to point out things to help you out/be more aware of next time.

edit: also a tiny bit of bra strap is visible in 3 & 4

Only you man, only you xD

well, in all seriousness, it's one of the first things you are trained to look for if you're trained to do senior photos. Always check the bra straps. Nothing like a furious mother coming in accusing you of making their daughter look like a slut.
Exactly! There's a reason it's called "UNDERwear"!
 
Only you man, only you xD

well, in all seriousness, it's one of the first things you are trained to look for if you're trained to do senior photos. Always check the bra straps. Nothing like a furious mother coming in accusing you of making their daughter look like a slut.
Exactly! There's a reason it's called "UNDERwear"!

Yeah, remembering to look for it was such a task at first. Now it's like second nature. I was actually a bit embarrassed I didn't notice it right away, though I guess it's been a few weeks since we concluded the bulk of our senior season as I've mostly been doing team photos and live sport events recently. Gotten off my game, haha.
 
Please lighten her eyes a bit. That is some heavy ass black makeup on one gorgeous girl!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom