My first shot of the MOON.... is is worth a look???

Nice shot, the moon looks oddly shaped in the bottom left corner though, wierd.

This is due to the fact that it's not a full moon. The cycles of the moon are commonly discussed in elementary school level science classes.

However, this is a pretty good shot of the moon. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you can get a shot of a full moon sometime.

thanx... but i think half moon or a quater will be better.... i m looking for that :)

Having only today become a member one of the first sections i looked at had your picture and i wanted to say it looks great.
I hope as i learn to take some nice photographs that i can do as well as yourself.

definitely we all are here to learn from each other...
i am also new here,,,,,,
and u can definitely become far better than me... :)

thanx for ur time....

take care.,..

Nice shot, the moon looks oddly shaped in the bottom left corner though, wierd.

This is due to the fact that it's not a full moon. The cycles of the moon are commonly discussed in elementary school level science classes.

However, this is a pretty good shot of the moon. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you can get a shot of a full moon sometime.

Once again....my point is proven. There are some straight up /-\ ss holes in this forum.

That comment wasn't necessary.

Great shot! I've been obsessing over getting some nice moon pictures since August. It seems the moon's only showing it's face when it's either full (like last night) or damned near full. Hopefully, I'll see some 1/4 moons eventually. What are your settings for that shot? Last night, I used 1/800, ISO-400, f/11

You managed a lot of detail for such a full-ish moon. Well done. That 300mm seems just enough to really get in close. I'm stuck at 250mm. Have you tried anything else up in the sky? If you swing your camera over to the right and zoom in on Jupiter, you can usually see 4 of her moons as well.

I'm thinking of getting this for more sky pictures... ~$160 for a 500mm lens, so it's worth a shot.
50063 Pro-Optic 500mm f/6.3 Manual Focus, T-Mount Mirror Lens

Keep up the good work!

Very nice , could you tell me how you did it? Was this at 300mm?

Great shot! I've been obsessing over getting some nice moon pictures since August. It seems the moon's only showing it's face when it's either full (like last night) or damned near full. Hopefully, I'll see some 1/4 moons eventually. What are your settings for that shot? Last night, I used 1/800, ISO-400, f/11

You managed a lot of detail for such a full-ish moon. Well done. That 300mm seems just enough to really get in close. I'm stuck at 250mm. Have you tried anything else up in the sky? If you swing your camera over to the right and zoom in on Jupiter, you can usually see 4 of her moons as well.

I'm thinking of getting this for more sky pictures... ~$160 for a 500mm lens, so it's worth a shot.

Keep up the good work!

thanx buddy....

feel free to visit my page and u have all the required EXIF details there....
Flickr: Maneef's Photostream

300 is not so close but still good...
ya like u said didnt tear the pocket to have it...he he he
it was jus my first try to the sky above... so will learn more...
but definitely will have to get that 500mm which will definitely tear my pocket now...

so hope to c good shots from u soon :)

Keep up the good work!

Have you checked out the Lunar (Moon) Photography Guide, by Astrostu?

Hopefully you can get a shot of a full moon sometime.
Astronomers hate a full moon. Most of the detail and shadow relief is lost and it's bright enough to make fainter, distant objects harder to image.

To a Moon astrophotographer, an entire 28 image series that shows the terminator (the sunlight/darkness line) at each nightly position through a cycle of the Moon is the hot ticket.

Crater depths and features, mountain heights and valley details, are best seen along and near the terminator.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back