Yeah I am seeing all people jumping to the 7D. I can't wait till Digic 5 comes out though..
The justification I used is that I can't afford a 1D IV, and even if the 60D comes out before fall, there's no guarentee that it will be "better" than the 7D. It will likely be detuned a bit (noise, fps,, sealing, etc) to be better put in the ~1,200$ price range. Plus, with the 7D probably won't see a successor for at least another year, and they're not going to release a "lower" camera better than a single-digit camera.
As far as the 5D, that market is for studio use. Slower AF, slower burst rate, etc. I personally would rather have spot-on AF and fast burst over huge res and full frame. Even if a mkIII comes out, it will probably continue the same "studio" path, whereas the 7D will fill the "sports/action" slot.
Long story short, unless they release a new 7D, or some other high end speed camera at a reasonable price, there was nothing on the horizon (including the 60D) that interested me.