My first time HDR and Photoshop

Mygixxer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well...there is A LOT to learn with Photoshop. I think half the time spent editing my photos was spent watching youtube tutorials. Its amazing to think of all PS can do.

I think these pictures look good to the average person, but to anyone who knows anything about photography I think there is a lot of work that can be done. But for my first attempt, I'm satisfied. The work that can be done on this are mainly things that I just dont know what/how to do it.

Not looking to get ripped apart here, but wouldn't mind some C&C. (Be gentle lol)

This is my friends new (To him, 2011) Audi A4. He brought it up to my house late and a storm was coming in. It started to sprinkle while I was taking the pictures so I was in a hurry to just take a couple before it down poared. The one with him in it, I didn't have a tri-pod so there is some ghosting around his head. (I'm sure there is an easy way to fix that with PS but I dont know how yet). I really wanted a dark, surreal kind of photo and I achieved (for the most part) what I had in my head before even taking the pictures. I took out a telephone pole, wires, stop sign and flag pole in both shots. I have a lot to learn, but had fun doing these.

Attachments

• $final 1 (Sig).jpg
    $final 1 (Sig).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
  • $8And2more_tonemapped.jpg
    $8And2more_tonemapped.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
The biggest critique you will get are the halos.

If you're in CS5 there is a check box in the "merge to HDR-PRO" window to remove ghosts, I've found it works nicely. The thing with HDR (and why it has negative connotations) is that it can go overboard quickly. Though, in your defense, if you were looking for a surreal look and pulled together what you wanted to see - then success!

Halos are a nono for most viewers. I try (and it's hard) to make an image where the viewer is left guessing about how it was created, or believing it isn't HDR at all.

Otherwise the compositions are pretty good, the one with the guy could be an outstanding image with little effort. ;)

HDR raindrops tend to be more distracting than single image rain drops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back