My first time trying anything like this.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
or4lUPr.jpg

I would call it a success. You? Did you achieve what you set out to achieve?

I would call it a success. You? Did you achieve what you set out to achieve?
I did for you. You asked how the new camera does portraits. I said, I would see what I can do. At the time I didn't know how I was going to do it.
I don't have a studio, or any high end lighting. I have never done people or portraits. I ran across this statue at about 6pm Saturday and wanted to see what I could do with it.
It's a hand held shot at ISO 800. I've been working at this, hard. All the things I've read. Learning how to use light, angles, composition.
I think I did achieve with this one.

Thank you. Means a lot to me.
LS6

Did this pic make you change your mind about using higher ISO's? It doesn't look bad at all at ISO 800. Heck, I wouldn't be surprise if your camera could put out a 1600 ISO without looking 'bad', either. I like this pic, good job, first time or not.

One does not need either a studio nor high- end lighting to make a potrait. Natural light is all around. And artificial light is quite common...flash units, table lamps, overhead lighting LED arrays, neon signs. TVs, phones. Laptop displays. Etc.

We have had the discussion here about the differences between natural light and artificial light. There is a contingent that insists that there is no distinction between natural and artificial, despite the fact that artificial light sources must be manufactured by human beings or there is no light that can be provided by these devices, and despite the fact that there are hundreds of books on artificial lighting.

Last edited:
You did great, your mind is on the right learning track, keep it up!
Really appreciate your comment. I'm trying.
Much respect,
LS6

Most reactions

New Topics

Back