My first time...

AngieDoogles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
using a tripod and longer exposure time. Here's Pittsburgh at night from the West End. I realize the city is not very sharp. I'll try again next time I'm there. CC welcome.

w96333596.jpg

No one has anything to say? Nothing at all? If you hate it, I don't mind. I was just really hoping to learn and improve through this site, but if I'm not getting any feedback, I can't do that. :(

It's not a bad picture but it could use a bit of work. As you pointed out, the city isn't in focus. Also, it needs straightened. Needs to go a tad to the left. But you've got a good start. I wish I lived somewhere where I could take pictures like that! All I've got is cornfields! :wink:

It's not a bad picture but it could use a bit of work. As you pointed out, the city isn't in focus. Also, it needs straightened. Needs to go a tad to the left. But you've got a good start. I wish I lived somewhere where I could take pictures like that! All I've got is cornfields! :wink:

Thanks so much for the feedback! I don't live there anymore, but next time I visit, I'll try to get a better shot. :)

Yeah I would also adjust your alignment for the horizon "or where it would be ;)" I also agree you should take this picture when it's more clear as well. The morning time is typically when the air is the clearest. Yeah zoom in on the shot while you are focusing and then pan back out for the picture, makes it much easier to focus if you are doing it manually.

Yeah I would also adjust your alignment for the horizon "or where it would be ;)" I also agree you should take this picture when it's more clear as well. The morning time is typically when the air is the clearest. Yeah zoom in on the shot while you are focusing and then pan back out for the picture, makes it much easier to focus if you are doing it manually.

What I found difficult about focusing was that I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder. It was too dark. Any suggestions on what to do in that situation?

the first thing I see wrong with this picture is that it's crooked! I am always a stickler about crooked shots

the first thing I see wrong with this picture is that it's crooked! I am always a stickler about crooked shots

Thanks for the feedback! I can fix that pretty easily in Photoshop. I don't know how to make it straight when you take a horizontal pic from a tripod, but I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back