The first is a very shy ball python:
Duke.jpg

This one is a very active fellow that was hard to capture:
Matito2.jpg

Another one:
Matito.jpg

This is some of the markings left in the sand:
Sand.jpg

nice snake, nice shots. I think i would have been inclined to move down to snake level and get the head from the side rather than above

I just took similar pictures like this today. But I was using kingsnakes. I will post pics later check them out. By the way try to shoot snakes out of direct sunlight you can see every glare from the sun of the skin. Also you should get down to snake level like the others have said. - Danny

Thank you. I had just bought the two of them 8 mice and I was really hoping for for an action shot of the snake lunging a mouse but it was still too cold for them to be outside for too long.

I will work on getting lower next time. I was using a frog shaped sand box and some rocks from the garden to try to give it a more realistic feel.

Thank you. I had just bought the two of them 8 mice and I was really hoping for for an action shot of the snake lunging a mouse but it was still too cold for them to be outside for too long.

I will work on getting lower next time. I was using a frog shaped sand box and some rocks from the garden to try to give it a more realistic feel.

these are your snakes? whoa awesome! My husband keeps tarantulas and that creeps me out.

Yes these are my two snakes. It was the first time that I had a chance to photograph them outside. the one in the first pic is about 3 feet long and the other one is about 4 and half feet.

It was only about 8 C today so it's a little cold to have them very active. Once it hits the teens or 70 F I will be able to get them to do a little more outside.

i have an almost 3 year old BP. they are the calmest snakes ever. rarely bite. mine never has.

anywayz, the light is a little bright, could be lowered a bit on the exposure. and some side/front shots, rather than above, would have been cooler I think.

Nice shots, but I totally agree with the idea of getting down to their level, especially since they are your pets to work with. At first I guessed they were in some kind of zoo and you wouldn't be able to get that close and low, but now I know you've got no excuse. :lol:

You might enjoy my shots here. I've done quite a bit of snake photography in the last couple years. These truly are "wild" rattlesnakes, but I do have a trained handler keep me safe as I shoot them. By the way, I actually hate snakes and have a hard time believing I've done this stuff, but once I got used to being around them it wasn't so bad.

I dont know about shots.. but the snake is beautiful. :)

#1 is nice, but I would have been better overall to have the whole snake in the shot. "Whole snake" shots are more rare and give a beter over all feel.

#2 is a nice portrait, but I think I'd play with the cropping more: having the head so centers gives a feeling of 'empty' on the lest side.

#3 Same as #2, and getting a little lower (if it was possible) would have enhance it some.

Nice looking snake, BTW :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back