TATTRAT

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
jonobrands.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I got paint.net as a free download. It seems to be a LOT like photoshop, but with the help of an interactive tutorial, I feel like I might be able to learn it. I like it.

I have a very long way to go, and want to learn a lot more, but here are the first 2 I have done today. Hoping to get some feedback from you people that do this MUCH better then I.

Going for gloomy.

GloomyWinter1.jpg

GloomyWinter2.jpg

It might help if you posted the originals. I can't make out what the second shot is. The first one ... is that snow? I like the mystery look to it though.

Hmm, doesn't really do anything for me.

Interesting though, this paint.net? It's like a free Photoshop? (IE: GIMP)

Well, my best advice for you to photograph droplets on twigs in which the sun breaks is: use a very small aperture. The sun will then look like a star SOOC (straight out of camera), there will be no need to add any pp-filters for it. (Examples of my "starbursts on droplets" photos are here ).

With the first I am not sure it rendered itself well enough to whichever pp-action you did to it. While I do appreciate the fact that there is a very black, very well contrasted row of twigs in the foreground, set off from the grey, blurry and hazy row of twigs in the background, it now feels like the snow (which also I assume is what we see here) only looks like monster-noise now in most places.

Well, my best advice for you to photograph droplets on twigs in which the sun breaks is: use a very small aperture. The sun will then look like a star SOOC (straight out of camera), there will be no need to add any pp-filters for it. (Examples of my "starbursts on droplets" photos are here ).

I used a crossed filter for the burst effect, no pp. I kinda wanted it to be large, but after I have seen your link, I know what you are getting at.

Most reactions

Back