my flickr addiction

ShutterSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i've developed a strong flickr addiction.
i spent countless hours on flickr, just trying to get my images explored.
i got 3 of my images explored.
here is the latest.

washing up on shore...(explored!) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

check it out.

if you have a flickr account, please add me as a contact and I'll do the same. Make some comments and favorites, and I do the same as well...

What does it mean to get your images explored?

if you have a flickr account there is a section called "Explore!"
In that section, admins from flickr basically choose the most interesting pictures each day...about 500 are chose from tens of thousands each day. While not overly significant, its kind of considered an honor on flickr for a particular photo. Its a great way to get your photography seen by large amounts of people.

But, not that you are compensated at all for it..just all for fun and artistic development.

I had no clue about the explore thing lol. I just use Flickr to host my pictures on my blog and to load to a couple forums I belong too. How do you know even if you get explored?

I had no clue about the explore thing lol. I just use Flickr to host my pictures on my blog and to load to a couple forums I belong too. How do you know even if you get explored?

enter your flickr user ID in this site,
you'll see which pictures have been captured in explore..

Explore is hardly an honor. Look at yourself, for example. You said you've spent countless hours just trying to get Explored. I assume it's from commenting and favorite-ing other people's photos, and not creating a great image. It's all just a game. "Comment on mine, I'll favorite yours" type of deal. If you look at the photos, some are awesome, and some absolutely suck. I mean, there are some that are really, really bad. That lets you know it's just a game. Don't take this the wrong way. I haven't looked at your photos; I'm sure they're great. Don't get me wrong; I had an Explore and it was pretty cool. However, it's more of a social thing than anything else.

I hope no one here is the photographer for these photos, but here are some that are average, at best, that still made Explore today:

Party 1.9 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

020910 ?S \:D/ ( bonus) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I've seen 'facebook' pictures as Explore.
I myself, a picture I took when I was just messing around with my camera ended up on explore.
It's real bs if you ask me, there are some nice ones that end up there, but 80% of the things that end up on there are questionable.

I signed up at flicker awhile back..it didnt seem real user friendly...maybe I was just impatient...I logged out and never went back. Maybe I should go back and check it out again

Explore isn't picked by the site admin its a code generator that uses a range of criteria to try and "explore" photos that are deemed interesting on the site - one of those criteria is comments, favs and clicks on the photo, but they also have other things in the code (like limiters on how many times you can be explored in a certain time frame etc...).

In the end I've never been "explored" and to be honest I don't really feel that I've missed out on anything - I'd far rather get a slot on the Nat Geo pages or website ;)

Most reactions

Back