my girl at the beach

harleyrider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
vettandbeach005.jpg

I dunno if your looking for CC or if your just sharing a snapshot of your GF at the beach. There really isn't any interesting element right now to CC where it just looks like you snapped a picture without much thought to it. Looks like an interesting girl, see if you can get her to pose for you, watch your background, open up your aperature and get some nice light going. Then come back for CC :)

Alright, it says your photos are okay to edit, so I did. If you want me to remove it, just say the word, but I did it to illustrate my point.

vettandbeach005.jpg

1. For a beach portrait, choose a better background, I removed the garbage cans from the background

2. Get closer, your girlfriend is the subject. I cropped the photo

3. Again, your girlfriend is the subject, so I blurred the background to bring the attention to her. You can do this in the camera by either using the portrait setting, or manually lowering your f-stop. It takes some practice, so play around the house alittle with it and you'll figure it out rather quickly...

I did the best I could with what was in the photo. I'm just trying to show you the very basics of portrait photography and so far as a noob, this is what others have taught me... Have fun, take care, and keep practicing, that's how we learn...

hi we were at cocoa beach in the morning and i was trying to keep the sun to my back ,but there was a fog bank off shore so there was not alot of light i thought ,but i am a new at this.i was in manual.and i am glad you replyed and thank you for your tips

this one a little better
vettandbeach008.jpg

Most reactions

Back