My gramps

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C, please.

081.jpg

Well, the first I see is that he is relatively sharp. Which is quite something in a Rob91-photo, isn't it? ;) I also immediately see that his face is too dark. Many bright elements in the blurred background are pulling one's eyes, so that the feeling "hospital ward" is becoming an overwhelming one, but there is no light in his eyes at all, and too little light on his face. His neck and back of his head got lit from somewhere but not his face. And I feel that is where there should be some light.

I hope nothing's wrong with your grandma! He looks like he's waiting outside someone's (his wife's???) hospital room.

I like the detail on the jumper - but the rest is just too blurred for me and the background is very distracting - sorry!

Well, the first I see is that he is relatively sharp. Which is quite something in a Rob91-photo, isn't it? ;) I also immediately see that his face is too dark. Many bright elements in the blurred background are pulling one's eyes, so that the feeling "hospital ward" is becoming an overwhelming one, but there is no light in his eyes at all, and too little light on his face. His neck and back of his head got lit from somewhere but not his face. And I feel that is where there should be some light.

I hope nothing's wrong with your grandma! He looks like he's waiting outside someone's (his wife's???) hospital room.

It's tough to decide on the lighting. I took a few that were brighter (lower SS) but I liked this one better, seemed to capture the lighting of the room better. I prefer a natural look but I see what you mean about the light creeping on the backside, hadn't noticed that before.

I also love the background, I really couldn't change that. And my grandpa's alright, just old and in a home, can be quite cheery but I captured one of his somber looks here.

Ok, here's a brighter version, let me know what you think:

081-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back