My Greyhound

jhodges10

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my favorite pics. He's usually laying down sleeping or running past in a blur.

Attachments

• $image-2197555359.jpg
    $image-2197555359.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 70
  • $image-1797928461.jpg
    $image-1797928461.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 84
Thanks, they're just raw shoots out in my backyard before I learned how to use my camera. As far as processing I know about enough to hit the autocorrect button and that's it. I've tinkered with some shots and made a few look better IMO but don't have any real direction with it. Any suggestions as to what I should do with these shots?

Gorgeous dog! I would suggest shooting vertically (portrait orientation) as he is taller than he is wide, and that will minimize the background and emphasize him! Brindle coloring, I believe?? Lovely!

Something like this (you do not have NO EDITING showing.. let me know if you would rather I didn't post this edit, and I will remove it)

$greyhound.jpg

Another suggestion would be to watch the background a little more closely! Typically you try not to intersect a tree into the subjects head (or anywhere if possible), it is distracting, and takes attention away from the subject!

Last edited:
No problem on the edit. I always preferred the tighter shot but your points regarding background on the wide shot are well taken. More than likely that tree through the head is why I subconsciously liked the other shot better. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back