My Journey to Jordan (x9)

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In October, I went to Jordan for a week. My first time in the Middle East, or outside of Europe for that matter. Any crits or comments on these are appreciated:

1. The Treasury, Petra

3038031559_9a78eca2b0.jpg

2. Going up...

3044315388_cfca8fec6c.jpg

3. ...And down!

3045605567_b68b235ec8.jpg

4. Wadi Rum by Jeep

3061011959_31c14a3f0c.jpg

5. Memories of the Desert

3066563454_c469333b81.jpg

6. Speeding through Petra

3071512657_2bd3f46589.jpg

7. Petra Morning Light

3075326010_a58e525661.jpg

8. Gorges of Petra

3082101615_c0f82ca7ea.jpg

9. Amman from the Citadel

3084159163_595957189f.jpg

Larger versions on my flickr (link in sig). Thanks for looking!

The 5th and 7th pictures are fantastic

#1 - I like how you included people in the shot to give scale to the Treasury. Wish you got a little closer though.

#2 - Really like this shot...I think it's my favorite. A little blown out on the upper left...makes it look like there are two different exposures in one shot...the right side looks good and the left side seems washed out.

#3 - Made me think of a old Godzilla movie..."It's Godzilla...run away..."

#4 - I like it...made me feel like I was in the back of the truck.

#5 - I don't care for the weird halos around the cliffs.

#6 - Don't really care for this shot...would have been better if something was in focus.

#7 - Don't really care for this shot too much...it's cliffs and sky and some wispy clouds. Maybe if the side of the cliff weren't so dark.

# 8 - This shot has potential. Maybe if you didn't center the path. Actually seen shots like this before that were more interesting. I like how the people in the shot give the cliff sides some scale.

#9 - Urban sprawl. Cool shot. I like how you got that bit of stone work in the left front foreground of the shot.

Thanks for sharing.

My fav is number 2. angle is perfect and B.W goes well. A bit sunwashed in the top left tho. but still good.

The 5th and 7th pictures are fantastic

Thanks very much. I also love the 7th but people don't seem to like it as much.

#1 - I like how you included people in the shot to give scale to the Treasury. Wish you got a little closer though.

#2 - Really like this shot...I think it's my favorite. A little blown out on the upper left...makes it look like there are two different exposures in one shot...the right side looks good and the left side seems washed out.

#3 - Made me think of a old Godzilla movie..."It's Godzilla...run away..."

#4 - I like it...made me feel like I was in the back of the truck.

#5 - I don't care for the weird halos around the cliffs.

#6 - Don't really care for this shot...would have been better if something was in focus.

#7 - Don't really care for this shot too much...it's cliffs and sky and some wispy clouds. Maybe if the side of the cliff weren't so dark.

# 8 - This shot has potential. Maybe if you didn't center the path. Actually seen shots like this before that were more interesting. I like how the people in the shot give the cliff sides some scale.

#9 - Urban sprawl. Cool shot. I like how you got that bit of stone work in the left front foreground of the shot.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the crit. I do feel I should reply to some of these:

2 - Yeah, unfortunately it's blown out, but I was shooting right into the sun and needed the people well exposed.

5 - Thanks for pointing those out, I didn't actually notice them at first. It was due to lightening the cliffs in PP... All things considered, I think it's subtle enough for me still to like the shot.

5 - Everything is in focus... It was shot at something like f/14. You're reffering to the motion blur. I was going for a panning type shot but the pan didn't exactly come out with a pin-sharp subject, which I admit is a shame.

7 - The subject is the morning light, painting the landscape. It's probably my personal favourite due to the quality of the light so early in the day.

My fav is number 2. angle is perfect and B.W goes well. A bit sunwashed in the top left tho. but still good.

Thank you. See above regarding regrettable blown highlights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back