my late afternoon friday thread!

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't believe there isn't a "it's friday" thread. well here is a belated one...

Okay I saw batman begins last night! It kicks soooooooooooo much booty!! It's not as comic booky as most have been in the last few years. (the punisher is the only other i can think that is this serious and dark). Caine, Oldman, Freeman, and Bale...awesome cast!! Gary Oldman consistantly amazes me with his acting. Bale makes a great Batman. There are no "goofy" villians and most everything actually makes some logical sense. If ya haven't seen it ...please do...it's a great movie. it does much justice in reinventing the series.

Umm..I'll be out for a few days...going on a short road trip to Chattanooga, TN. It's been a while since I've been but I remember having loads of fun and gnomes...for some reason i remember gnomes. It is also the home to the largest fresh water aquarium inI'm still trying to figure out what cameras to take along. lol...i've been rearranging them in different bags trying to pack in as many as i possible can and not have to take the jumbo backpack. I think I'm gonna settle on two or three...the 300D obviously, and my Holga for the artsy fartsy shots...I'm still up in the air about the Rollei though. IF i take it, it means a whole different bag for all of its goodies(filters, hood, flash, etc...) but if I don't take it along it might become really sad and lonely and might even show some resentment towards me upon my return home. dunno what to do. Oh well either way I hope to have some cool stuff to show you guys when i get back.

so anyone else got any big weekend plans?

holy crap...my boss just came by and told us to pack it up and call it a day. cool!!! well I'm outtie 5000!! folks have fun and be safe and I'll see you guys on the flip side!!

How come we never have a Monday thread :lol:

Sounds like a fun weekend Robbie :) Have fun and bring back lots of shots!!!

Ohh and I can't wait to see the new Batman movie!!!!!!!!!!!

eromallagadnama said:
How come we never have a Monday thread :lol:

cuz mondays suck really really bad. thanks amanda. I can't believe im still here. as soon as i try to leave something comes up.

I have no plans, I think I'll just sit here and stare at Amanda's new avatar.

Big Mike said:
lol it makes me think of the fire ant bed i stepped into the other day. my grandfather once told me one o fhte best ways to kill off ants is to get a shovel full of one ant hill and dump it on another ant hill. the ants will kill each other off. its pretty entertaining and betting on the winner is always a hoot. take care guys!! im gonna try to get out of here for real this time.

a lot of plans... especially a lot of shooting. But... today I just finished my CPE course, and I finished it with a very good result :) tomorrow I'll be shooting a fair in a local park and then in the afternoon, airshow. First time shooting planes!! yay! And on sunday there's a dogshow, so again, a bit of photoessays. And tomorrow I'm going with my friend to the travel agency... yap yap yap... still thinking seriously about london.:)

I'm spending tonight with Erik...he's taking me out for my birthday...and tommorrow I think I might go visit my gramma...haven't seen her in a while. Then Sunday I have the Engelbrecht family reunion during the day, and probably coming back to see Erik at night. Dunno for sure yet if I'm actually going to do all that.

Big Mike said:

It's quite mesmerizing don't you think :lol: I agree mygrain, reminds me of ants :lol:

My Friday started off by sleeping in just a little bit, heading to work to find that my office had been decorated with balloons, streamers and flowers by my office girls for my birthday. A little work then lunch with my son, one of my office girls and my sweetie (who brought me a dozen red roses and some beautiful pink flower I can't remember the name of). :lovey: Now I'm going to finish up at work and head home for some dinner. Looks like a getaway has been planned for tomorrow. Just Malachite and I with our camera gear. Probably just going to relax on Sunday. All in all it sounds like it'll be a nice weekend. :mrgreen:

This late Happy Friday thread would not have been late if I'd been here as usual. You can take turns berating me for being slack. :lol:

My mom is here for a visit, and I've about glazed her eyes over showing her the gallery in my house, explaining image transfers, emulsion lifts, bromoils, and how I've incorporated hand coloring into it all..... ;) we haven't even made it into the darkroom yet!

She evened the score by trying to explain some weaving stuff to me....she runs her own loom....explains where I got my tenacity, I think, but she is still an awesome woman.... :thumbup:

I hope everyone has a great weekend... Corry has a birthday coming up!! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back