What's new

My lens hood doesn't attach to the lens anymore.

pandita

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
california
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

So a while back I dropped my D3000+35mm 1.8 and after that the lens hood never stuck back onto the lens.

To fix the problem I simply used some electrical tape and stuck it on some of the threads of the the hood. This kept the hood on super snug.

After a few weeks of leaving the tape on it would slowly start coming off, now the tape always crinkles when I attach the hood to the lens.

Have you guys ever done this? or something similar? If so, what?

I don't want to spend another 20 bucks on a new hood.
 
In another 4 months, you'll have spent twenty bucks on electrical tape.

On the plus side, you'll have a lens that's impossible to drop.
 
In another 4 months, you'll have spent twenty bucks on electrical tape.

On the plus side, you'll have a lens that's impossible to drop.

I don't get the joke.
 
Electrical tape leaves behind a sticky residue...that is the basis for the joke.
 
First you need to figure out what broke. It is probably the hood but it could also be the thread on the lens. More than likely not but check.
 
Just think, if you had used a U/V filter for protection instead of the lens hood you could be buying a new lens right now.
 
I didn't realize lens hood were designed for lens-drop protection.
duuh.gif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom