My lil' helper

Is she mixing up some pancake/waffle batter? My kid looooves pancakes, and waffles, like I did as a boy. I use Krusteaze brand mix...I don't make them from scratch any more. I think it's great to get children involved in food prep and cooking, and they can actually "do" some of it too with things like waffles...they can spray some non-stick cooking spray on the waffle iron, and even dump in a pre-measured scoop of waffle batter, close the lid, and then wait for the timer, and maybe even remove their own waffle, then fix it up. Or make a mix cake...not that tough, but very rewarding for them.

Great advice on the cooking. My 12 year old can cook a whole meal and she has been using the stove, waffle iron, pancake griddle etc. since she was 6 or 7. I'm stunned at the number of High School kids these days that have absolutely no idea how to even boil water for pasta. My goddaughter is a junior in college and is afraid of the stove! Get them cooking early!

Love it and jealous. Did not have dslr and more importantly zero photography know how. . They grow so fast.

I was very late to switch to digital and most of my pics of my daughter from birth - 5 are on film. I think the keeper rate was only 1 or 2 per roll when looked at critically but even some of the fuzzy ones still make me smile. I've got them about 50% scanned at this point but boy would I love a do over on so many of those toddler occasions - both with my camera and to relive those great early years!

OP - that last pic is adorable but the first one is definitely a print and hang!

Is she mixing up some pancake/waffle batter? My kid looooves pancakes, and waffles, like I did as a boy. I use Krusteaze brand mix...I don't make them from scratch any more. I think it's great to get children involved in food prep and cooking, and they can actually "do" some of it too with things like waffles...they can spray some non-stick cooking spray on the waffle iron, and even dump in a pre-measured scoop of waffle batter, close the lid, and then wait for the timer, and maybe even remove their own waffle, then fix it up. Or make a mix cake...not that tough, but very rewarding for them.

Great advice on the cooking. My 12 year old can cook a whole meal and she has been using the stove, waffle iron, pancake griddle etc. since she was 6 or 7. I'm stunned at the number of High School kids these days that have absolutely no idea how to even boil water for pasta. My goddaughter is a junior in college and is afraid of the stove! Get them cooking early!

Love it and jealous. Did not have dslr and more importantly zero photography know how. . They grow so fast.

I was very late to switch to digital and most of my pics of my daughter from birth - 5 are on film. I think the keeper rate was only 1 or 2 per roll when looked at critically but even some of the fuzzy ones still make me smile. I've got them about 50% scanned at this point but boy would I love a do over on so many of those toddler occasions - both with my camera and to relive those great early years!

OP - that last pic is adorable but the first one is definitely a print and hang!

My 35 yeast old brother-in-law tried to make grilled cheese in the microwave and asked why it wasn't crispy. He also wanted to fry an egg. Put oil in a pan. Cracked an egg in there, went and sat on the couch..... on the other side of the coin is my youngest bro-in-law. He was babied the most but can cook anything you could think. I think that is because he was never into the Laos foods his parents cooked though.

Needless to say it's less about the generation you're apart of but more about if you're parents raised ya right, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back