my little girl - opinions on skin

mully4235

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get any pic of my kids looking right. Their skin always comes out too yellow or too pink. How's this one? What should I change about it? Thanks!

Attachments

• $IMG_5313 web.jpg
    $IMG_5313 web.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 169
Mully, the skin seems a little overexposed or blown out to me. What are you using to post process with? If it's LR4, go to color, saturation and use the selector on the skin to move it down and up to see what you think about them.

I am seeing it a bit overexposed and a bit green maybe.

Looks a little too bright, but that seems to be a current trend. Doesn't look too bad otherwise..

not blown, just a tad overexposed. a tad. when its viewed in full version it is not as bad as the thumbnail.

a bit pale to me....give her life.

Something like this? Lowered brightness a couple of points, added 3 points of red, minus three points of green, and upped sat a couple of points (photoshop)

$baby.jpg

dunno if it is an illusion of the blanket/clothes but now it all looks pink/purple. lol

try adding in more reds, then masking back in the original clothing/blanket

dunno if it is an illusion of the blanket/clothes but now it all looks pink/purple. lol

yea.. well it was a quickie, and when I corrected the skin, it skewed the rest a little. I could have done just the baby.. but I didn't! ;) Flash would have helped this shot a lot... looks like it was shot in shade... kind of flat!

What program are you editing in, and then I can give you some guidelines on where your skintones should be.

What color is your child? Without knowing that, fiddling about adding a little this and a little that is just guessing. Have you tried holding the photo up to your child and comparing?

I'm being a bit facetious, of course, but really we don't know what color your kid is. The skin color in the original certainly looks within the range of normal for human beings, so well done on that. Getting closer is going to require the actual child, though.

The background suggests that the original is actually too yellow.

What color is your child? Without knowing that, fiddling about adding a little this and a little that is just guessing. Have you tried holding the photo up to your child and comparing?

"This is actually a South African baby, thank you for asking." :sexywink::lol:

I have photoshop and LR2. It was in the shade. All I have is a pop up flash :( I am consistently overexposing everything and I don't understand why. I just cannot get a properly exposed photo! She's pretty pale, all my kids are, and even though none of them have red hair, whenever I take their picture, their hair is always orange! I will try fixing the overexposure and upping the red. Thanks.

No one's pointed this out, so it's probably my work monitor, but the WB of the whole thing looks a bit yellow, just me? Just a bit too warm?

Any better? Now she looks really red to me ? :grumpy:

Attachments

• $IMG_5313 web 2.jpg
    $IMG_5313 web 2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 100

Most reactions

Back