My little man playing with bubbles for the first time

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first time my son, who is 9mo old, has seen or played with bubbles. I had to shoot a couple of informal pics. Here's one of my favorites.

588047914_XQSx2-XL.jpg

Kids rock.

Very cute man! Its awesome watching kids...its always the little things. I wish everything was still that simple.

Okay, so as new as I am to photography, this is one of those pictures where I am just amazed by the lighting. It "seems so" right on. How do you do it?

Thanks. That's all natural lighting. To camera right there is a partially open blind to a 7ft sliding glass door. Behind the camera there are 3 bay windows which are completely blocked by curtains. So my ISO was pretty high (2000). I didn't use a Flash. I kept the shutter speed up to 1/100 to prevent too much motion blur and used an aperture of f/4. Everything else is in camera metering. I had the camera on Av (aperture priority) mode. I didn't make any exposure compensation.

I just picked the shutter speed and aperture setting I wanted (above 1/60 on the shutter is all I cared about) and let the camera do the rest. I used my 5D Mark II for this shot.

Cool pic, my son has the same cup lol

Who's 'Bubbles'? :lol:

Sorry, I'm in a weird mood.

Great shot, and he definitely looks captivated by the bubbles... awesome stuff, and yes - kids rock!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back