My nephew Jayden and his brand new brother , Maison

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother asked my to try and get some newborn stuff on his son , my nephew , Maison .

Have never done a newborn thing , so a few you tubes and some Pinetrest and I'm off .

When I arrive baby needs to be fed , I figure good cause he will the more than likely pass out ....wrong !!! Kids was ultra alert and fidgety . To make matters worse I had both Grandmas there directing me as to what I was doing wrong and how I should fix it LOL ( Love ya mom !) . Dog was barking and jumping all over me . To make a long story longer I trashed everything as I feel it was all worthy of only the trash .

This is the only one I feel came out halfway decent . Brother promised a reshoot with less distractions and stuff going . We shall see . Thanks for looking .

Jayden and Maison by manny herreria, on Flickr

ah, baby pictures.
gotta love em.

that ones a nice shot tho manny. shame the older kid isnt looking down at the baby though, since baby seems to be looking up at him.

I prefer #1. Yes, maybe posing could be better, but your light and frame are pretty good. The one thing that I don't like is the boy's jeans being so prominent in the photo.

I dunno, do you think the grannies and parents would go for fully nude Jayden as well? Kinda iffy, I know, and you wouldn't want the same pose.

To make the next session go more smoothly, give Jayden some posing practice without his brother. Use a doll or teddy bear for posing practice.

I can visualize Jayden sitting on his haunches with his knees more to one side to de-emphasize the knees. Prop up the baby kind of leaning ion the older boy, with the boy's arm holding the baby. If the baby looks toward the camera, signal Jayden to do the same and snap the photo at that instant.

D , thanks . And I see your point . This house was such a shitshow that i just wanted to leave to be honest with ya LOLOL .

Ideally what i wanted was the baby on his back in a bed , his brother laying next to him on his side , admiring his new brother ....yea that was going to work LOL.

Jayden super hyperactive (older boy ) , and although when he's w me alone he does nice stuff , when all these folks come around way to many distractions for him . ex. below , when he is alone .

Jayden by manny herreria, on Flickr

The real little guy is getting snipped today , so I'm not sure if i will have other opportunity to shoot him . I will keep what you said in mind though . Thanks again . BTW below is one I trashed , yes I know its very cliche , but my brother wanted . Would have preferred kid out cold , but not to happen .

Maison by manny herreria, on Flickr

My brother asked my to try and get some newborn stuff on his son , my nephew , Maison .

Have never done a newborn thing , so a few you tubes and some Pinetrest and I'm off .

When I arrive baby needs to be fed , I figure good cause he will the more than likely pass out ....wrong !!! Kids was ultra alert and fidgety . To make matters worse I had both Grandmas there directing me as to what I was doing wrong and how I should fix it LOL ( Love ya mom !) . Dog was barking and jumping all over me . To make a long story longer I trashed everything as I feel it was all worthy of only the trash .

This is the only one I feel came out halfway decent . Brother promised a reshoot with less distractions and stuff going . We shall see . Thanks for looking .

Jayden and Maison by manny herreria, on Flickr
Great pic. I like the older kids expression.

I like number one and the father holding the baby best.

Older sibling photos NEVER go how we hope they will I feel like.. its a rarity to really grab that perfect shot.. for me at least. lol

Sweet little man though and I'm sure parents are happy :)

Older sibling photos NEVER go how we hope they will I feel like.. its a rarity to really grab that perfect shot.. for me at least. lol

Sweet little man though and I'm sure parents are happy :)

MAN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABOUT THAT !!! :801: But Heck gave it a shot and It's only m brother :bouncingsmileys: LOLOL, thanks !!!

I'm due in like.. 3.5 weeks and I know I'll be bribing my 3 year old to take some with his little sister but I'm not holding my breath on any magic happening! Lol

I'm due in like.. 3.5 weeks and I know I'll be bribing my 3 year old to take some with his little sister but I'm not holding my breath on any magic happening! Lol
Ha!! First let me say congrats on the new addition!!! I feel bribery in these cases will get you far!!!! Lolol. Congrats again!!! [emoji3]

I'm sure your brother is so happy to have these :) If you get another try I recommend swaddling the baby for the sibling shots. It makes it a little easier for big brother to hold on to him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back