My new iPod.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seriously. I don't even wanna work anymore. I just wanna sit and listen to music. Or maybe watch Anchorman. And having her just sit on my desk at work. She's so pretty. So distracting.

I need to find a site that has movie already transferred to iPod video format so the download is faster. That would be sweet. Or tv shows that in that size already. Then I wouldn't have to download the proper size and convert it myself. Anyone got any links?

bace, I haven't found any sites with converted movies yet, but then again I really wasn't looking for any. I found it easier to just convert movies I already own. It's not that hard. I've converted about 20 DVD's to put on it(sitting on one of my many external drives). The file size is not as big as you would think. The average DVD converts down to less than 1GB, usually around 800MB or so. Some are a little larger, but not by much. Right now I have 3 DVD's on it, about 4000 songs, 13 music videos from the iTunes site, about 4 podcast novels(spoken books), 4 video podcasts( each with at least 10 shows-2 with more), and maybe 100 pics. After all of that I am just at 24GB. I am loving the 60GB right about now. If you're intrested and want to know, just let me know.

***************EDIT***************

I forgot, I also downloaded the entire first season of Desperate Housewives(23 shows). I'm waiting for the second season to finish so I can get it too.

See, I would convert all the videos I have on my comp, only I've seen them all. I wouldn't mind downloading some seasons of something...like House, or Lost. Tv shows that I never watched but would be cool to watch while i'm on the public transit. I have season four of 24 on my comp too, but again, i've seen it.

The other problem is that my internet connection is really slow, so I don't want to tie it up with big downloads. I'd rather download a tv show at a time or something...bah.

Whataya gonna do. Maybe i'll just call and get my internet connection bumbed up to something faster.

kelox said:
Yo b. they have several TV shows at he iTunes site, Lost being one of them($1.99USD per episode).
You might want to bump up your connection speed.

See, paying for TV shows doesn't seem right. I think I'll bump the connection speed and download everything I can for a month, then bump it back down. Hehe...I'm so cheap.

My world outside my apartment now has a soundtrack. This rocks my friggin socks. I don't think i've made a purchase that i'm more happy with since my first camera.

And i'll be buying my second one soon.

bace said:
See, paying for TV shows doesn't seem right. I think I'll bump the connection speed and download everything I can for a month, then bump it back down. Hehe...I'm so cheap.
You say that now, but after a month of broadband/high speed you may not be able to go back.

kelox said:
You say that now, but after a month of broadband/high speed you may not be able to go back.

I was using high speed before, but I was splitting the cost with roomates. I can't justifty spending that much on the internet. We'll see though. I'm not getting any cable tv, so getting a faster internet should be reasonable substitute.

Most reactions

Back