My new oasis: arboretum Trompenburg

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the past few months I find myself more and more often in the arboretum Trompenburg in Rotterdam, NL. Although located next to a soccer stadium (!) in the largest port city of Europe, the Trompenburg arboretum is a haven of peace and for me, after all the medical conditions of the past year, a new resting point in my life. In addition to trees, all kinds of flowers can be found, as well as greenhouses with cacti and aviaries with birds. The arboretum has its own mushroom nursery and plenty of koi carp in the ponds and ditches. I hope that the accompanying photos show the peace and quiet that this lovely arboretum radiates.

Gerard

View attachment 176695
View attachment 176696
View attachment 176697
View attachment 176698
View attachment 176699
View attachment 176700
View attachment 176701
View attachment 176702
View attachment 176703
View attachment 176704
View attachment 176705
View attachment 176706
View attachment 176707
View attachment 176708

Last edited:
Yes. Yes, I think you were very successful in bringing the feeling of peace and quiet through your photographs. I feel it. Thank you.

In the past few months I find myself more and more often in the arboretum Trompenburg in Rotterdam, NL. Although located next to a soccer stadium (!) in the largest port city of Europe, the Trompenburg arboretum is a haven of peace and for me, after all the medical conditions of the past year, a new resting point in my life. In addition to trees, all kinds of flowers can be found, as well as greenhouses with cacti and aviaries with birds. The arboretum has its own mushroom nursery and plenty of koi carp in the ponds and ditches. I hope that the accompanying photos show the peace and quiet that this lovely arboretum radiates.

Gerard

These are really lovely images. We have a conservatory here in Seattle I often visit when I'm in need of a respite from the hectic urban bustle. In a purely selfish way, I'm glad more folks don't frequent the conservatory on a regular basis, as it is a relatively small building. A smaller attendance also makes it easier to set-up and use my tripod.

Very nice pics and yes, they're verrrry tranquil, as I was looking at them I realizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Love #7 how the light is diagonal.
Thank you, I don't have too much knowledge of plants, insects etc., but this Acer palmatum "Corallinum" really stands out in terms of color.

Very nice pics and yes, they're verrrry tranquil, as I was looking at them I realizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ha, I didn't know it would work so well! :allteeth:

Most reactions

Back