nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I coulden't help myself, but I had to share because this thing is so damn cool!!

For years we've been using a 2006 Honda Foreman for most of the work around our property, including plowing the 300 foot driveway and parking area for both us and our neighbor. It was getting tired and starting to show its age, though it had plenty life left. We also had a 2000 Arctic Cat with barely 1,000 miles on it! It was in excellent shape. We decided it was time to upgrade and wanted something more powerful. The Honda Foreman struggle with snow if it was too heavy and 4 foot plow was not cutting it anymore. Takes like 2 hours to plow. Not fun in the cold.

Thought about getting a bigger and more powerful ATV, but they were like $9000! So we were like heck, why not look at the Side by Sides?

We found the one! Even custom ordered it!!

The 2018 Polaris Ranger 900 Xp EPS

Erwin-180607-21857-IridientEdit.jpg

Man this thing is just crazy. It's pretty much a small car. It has power steering and digital screen where the speedometer is. You can even pull a 2,000 pound trailer with it.

It has a 975cc dual overhead cam twin cylinder engine making about 70 horsepower and with LOTS of torque. This thing will have no problem pushing deep wet snow with a 6 foot plow.

We plan on taking it over to New Hampshire and ride the trails. Should be really fun, get to see new sights which means lots of new photo opportunities for me!

With these Polaris Rangers, there are endless amounts of accessories and add ons available. We plan on added doors, windshield and rear window along with a roof. Also a lightbar and reverse/cargo lights. I want to add amber strobes for when I go out plowing hehe. I love strobes, who doesn't?!

The plow system is awesome, it uses the winch to raise it but it has a piston that angles the plow blade with a push of a button. The beautiful thing is the power steering. Trying to push heavy snow with a ATV without power steering is very hard, this will make it a breeze.

It's a pretty neat machine. A lot of people have been getting these side by sides lately. Who else has one here at TPF?

OMG!!! Now that looks one very cool thing to drive.

OMG!!! Now that looks one very cool thing to drive.

It's definitely fun. Takes some time getting use to it though, you wanna drive it like a car but the throttle is a little different. It's touchy. I mean, it could give you whiplash if you're not careful haha.

Congrats. Looks really nice. Should make things a lot easier.

My brother has four older ATVs. Two 4 wheelers and two 3 wheelers. And a golf cart at the RV on the lake. One 4 wheeler plows his driveway. Several are used to retrieve deer. They're all old, maintenance is high and parts are getting hard to find. I've done most of that, just to keep them around. They're a blast to rip up the trails.

He wants to sell them all off and buy a side by side. Totally understand why, just not happy about it.

Now that looks capable and fun! I would so be in trouble with that, I could spend as much on accessories as the vehicle costs! Nice score. :)

my commute is 2.5 miles, and im shopping for a new DD. I should be looking at something like this, but instead im looking at twin turboed v8s...

I coulden't help myself.

I had to install a roof on it. The dealer gave me a deal I coulden't resist. Cheaper than anywhere online! Imagine that?!

Erwin-180615-21898-IridientEdit.jpg

My wife had to let go of her Kawasaki 4 wheeler a couple years ago because of health problems, I still have a Honda. We've considered getting rid of it and going to a side by side as well, but other wants keep getting in the way. That Polaris is one sharp machine!

Very Nice and best of luck with it.

Most reactions

Back