My newborn nephew.

rammgeist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a few shots of my nephew from today's shoot. I will be doing another shoot with him within this week hopefully with more props and blankets etc.
What do I need to improve on?

I'm sorry if I've posted too many images!

Attachments

• $IMG_8064.jpg
    $IMG_8064.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_8068.jpg
    $IMG_8068.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 90
  • $IMG_8078.jpg
    $IMG_8078.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 104
  • $IMG_8083.jpg
    $IMG_8083.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 132
  • $IMG_8084.jpg
    $IMG_8084.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 111
  • $IMG_8098.jpg
    $IMG_8098.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_8137.jpg
    $IMG_8137.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 101
I'm not crazy about any of them in the top row, but I love the three on the bottom row. Bottom left and last one with the eyes open are my favorites.

I think the first one captures the best expression and has nice balance to the composition. I might like it better without just the edge of the blanket (I thought at first it was a diaper; in other photos it's easier to see it's a nice soft baby blanket) but that to me is a keeper.

I don't like the overhead shots as much because I don't think they look as snuggly and cozy for a baby portrait. Parents might like to have the one w/eyes open but the arm looks rather awkward which might be that it's more predominant in the picture; in some of the other shots too I think the arm or hand looks a bit awkward.

You could get set and then try watching him thru the viewfinder til you see a nice expression or he moves his arm and fingers into what you think will look good in a photo; move a little and change your vantage point some as needed to see what looks best. You might think about the contrast, seems a little gray (charcoal to light gray).

Your fifth picture is my favorite! I love everything about it.

I feel like he is being swallowed by the bean bag. Maybe try to smash it down in the front a little more?

The last one is my favorite! Soo cute!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back