MY nikon d5000 review

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, i finally got my hands on a nikon d5000. the camera must have shown up tuesday when i was off, i forgot to check if we got it yesterday but i was bored and noticed we got it in! :drool:

unboxing this camera, it is packed just like all of the other nikons. for me it was like opening a birthday present! first thing i noticed, the body is small, just as small as the d40/d60 ... this is upsetting because it has more buttons on the body for the live view control and what not. the body felt really cramped, after holding the d5000 for a few minutes i picked back up the d60 and valued its layout's simplicity. :er:

The 11afp (auto focus points) worked great, just like the d90. :greenpbl:

the 2.7" lcd's resolution isnt as high as the d90 but looks nice. the swivel is very stong, not made cheap at all. personally i didnt like when the lcd is closed you cant control anything, thought maybe they would integrate something within the viewfinder. i guess not ..... the live view af is fast for a live af. no af in video mode tho. lame. :thumbup:

the video quality isnt very good. i didnt compare it to the t1i or the d90, but i can say that the HD video on canon's p&s cameras are better. :thumbdown:

it is a kool camera, thought it was going to be better. larger body would have been better, af during video would have been kool .... other than that i would be interested. :lol:

really cool feature is that when you have the camera hooked up to a tv through the mini hdmi the tv took over as your lcd. reviewing photos, using the menus, and even the live view! :lmao:

hope i commented on some of what people were wondering about the camera. if anyone has any questions let me know! :hug::

I looked at one for a whole 30 seconds before I put it down. After I master my D60 I am going to get a D300 for the very reasons you mentioned... A much more solid feeling body, and larger than the D40/D60/D5000 models. Especially since I have a 18-200 VR lens coming today, and a 70-200 is next. Those are big lenses for a small body.

I looked at one for a whole 30 seconds before I put it down. After I master my D60 I am going to get a D300 for the very reasons you mentioned... A much more solid feeling body, and larger than the D40/D60/D5000 models. Especially since I have a 18-200 VR lens coming today, and a 70-200 is next. Those are big lenses for a small body.

yep, thats why i love my 30d. more comfy than the xs/xsi and not as big as the 40d/50d. the d5000 had me interested in nikon. ..... on top of that, the quick controls of the 30d/40d/50d - d90/d300 .... once you use those casmeras you wont go back

Most reactions

Back