What's new

My official step into macro C+C please

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
177
Reaction score
29
Location
Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the last week I have come across a Takumar 55mm f1.8 and, a nice little pentax bellows just today. Anyway I got home assembled my equipment and went out shooting for a couple minutes in my back yard. These images i consider my first step into macro! :thumbup:

298524_219789598083415_100001571292059_621789_1141234543_n.jpg

296094_219790214750020_100001571292059_621796_1555029785_n.jpg
 
first is pretty basic and straight forward in context, kinda boring. but the 2nd on the other hand is quality stuff. Great mood/feel/tones captured.
 
it would help to get a real macro lens if you want to do macro
 
The second one is interesting, but the large bright area on the right I think detracts. You could either darken this area slightly, which would be very tricky to do well, or crop about a third of the image on the right, which would leave you with something that still works, and possibly better.
 
it would help to get a real macro lens if you want to do macro

Some of the best macro shots I have ever seen are taken with extension tubes or bellows. Also the Super Takumar optics rival that of canon L or in some situations even Zeiss.
Basically why spend $1000 on a new lens when I can spend $50 on something that can be equally as sharp ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom