What's new

My photos :)

Lunacrow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
MA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've attempted to upload some photos but I am seeming to have a prob :( I'd like to get some feed on them. This is my link if any one wants to check them out: lunacrowphoto.tumblr.com.
 

Attachments

  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    172.4 KB · Views: 107
You want us to critique this shot? Not sure on what you want, but I do not like to look at links outside the forum...
 
CC on it?

Very poor composition, Not sure what is going on with the colors there... looks grainy, cut the wing off. Blown out.... Sorry if it is harsh but i can't find one good thing about that picture.
 
No need apologize. I appreciate the honesty, it gives me stuff to think about improving :D
 
As mentioned...

Framing: you cut off major parts... way too tight.
Color: what is that? Some sort of 1960's acid flash back with day-glo colors? Pink and Green?

Shot is very grainy.. so much so it looks OOF.

What was your intent with this shot?

( and per your profile.. I BELIEVE all you use is an Iphone!)
 
Colours seem a matter of personal taste. Composition is ok..could've been improved by framing the subject slightly differently. Graininess/noise...a limitation of the camera. Personally I like grain when an image is monochrome and I'm ok with luminance noise in digital monochrome too. (I sometimes choose a high ISO setting just to get luminance noise in some b&w).

IMO if you straighten the vertical edge r/h/s, where the clapperboards meet the post; cool the highlights/drop the gamma, shift the colour balance a bit and then convert to monchrome, the image is improved...but this capture is overexposed as it was shot.
 
No need apologize. I appreciate the honesty, it gives me stuff to think about improving :D

Do strive to improve your awareness but don't confuse 'improving' with limiting your own vision to conform with narrow-minded critics.

Narrow minded... HA HA HA! At least I have images posted to back up my experience and skill... all you have is four threads with meaningless questions! ;)
 
It is not necessary to such an open mind that one's good sense and taste fall out.

These are essentially random snapshots that have been beaten to death with processing in the hopes that something interesting or attractive results.
Like any art, there is some basic craft and store of knowledge that needs to be gotten; randomness doesn't work.
 
It is not necessary to such an open mind that one's good sense and taste fall out.

These are essentially random snapshots that have been beaten to death with processing in the hopes that something interesting or attractive results.
Like any art, there is some basic craft and store of knowledge that needs to be gotten; randomness doesn't work.

>THIS!
 
From a thread that I thought doomed to flaming and disputes, a tiny seed of wisdom has arisen! Thanks for that Charlie and Traveler. I totally agree. All constraints of "art" put aside, to make a good photograph there must always be purposed thought.

OP, sometimes you've got to get burned to learn a lesson, I suppose. Glad to see your still cooking!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom