What's new

My recent photos

Smith1988

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
$image-3395842791.webp

$image-201153182.webp



$image-2375475427.webp
 
So, Kimberly Michelle, welcome to the forum.
 
Your watermark is seriously distracting and large. Its all I can see when I look at the photos. Made the same mistake myself at first.
 
Your watermark is seriously distracting and large. Its all I can see when I look at the photos.

EXACTLY!!!

You have made your watermark the subject of the photos making your actual photograph take the back seat.
 
The watermark I only added for this page, I'm not worried about it seeming overpowering because I'm not asking a professional opinion, just sharing so take it easy guys!
 
I suggest getting some thicker skin. Most people post photos here looking for comments and critique. No one knows the reasons you put the watermark there, so when looking at your photos it becomes part of them unless we are told to look past it.

That being said I don't think you need to worry about anyone here stealing your photos to the point you need to go to such extremes watermarking them. The bee one is ok, pretty flat and run of the mill, the other two are fairly uninteresting. However, this is an unprofessional opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
 
The watermark I only added for this page

but why? what's the point? If I took those pictures, put a watermark on them and associated them with my photography business I'd be afraid I wouldn't get any clients if people saw them when shopping around.

As far as the photos go, I think you had something with #1 but it needs a lot of help in post. The rest dont do much for me. But it looks like you have an eye for composition so hopefully this forum with help you with your craft and take you places. With that being said, I suggest you dump the watermarks.
 
I think the pictures are nice. The watermark is very distracting and ruining them, regardless of the reason you added it. No one here is going to steal your pics, so it would be easier to critique them if you just made the watermark a normal size. Thats the best way to get a good opinion on your photos, but like I said I think theyre nice.
 
I think it's a good idea to use a watermark when posting on a message board; there are thousands of people registered here and unrealistic to think that there couldn't be someone who's less than ethical. (Not that a watermark is any guarantee that the photo can't be used, ones that are down in a corner don't seem to be much protection.)

I think the first two could be interesting as well taken from various vantage points - I wonder how the first one might look if it was shot vertically or with more of the trees overhead in the frame; in the second I might like to see the entire tree on the left and not have it cut off - I'd probably try framing and/or cropping different ways to see what works best. I like the silhouettes of the people and the size difference between them and the trees and clouds.
 
we don't like to steal peoples work here....just sometimes..
 
Wow, interesting group to assume I would think anyone would steal photos? I think the only thing that needs to be worked on is the attitude for so called "critique". Actually misses "needs thicker skin" does not have a lot of nice things to say about anyone's photos judging by your posts so many assumptions and judgements, this forum is pretty ruined by so I'm going to the better one. The attitude gives off more amateur and snottyness than any other
 
Wow, interesting group to assume I would think anyone would steal photos? I think the only thing that needs to be worked on is the attitude for so called "critique". Actually misses "needs thicker skin" does not have a lot of nice things to say about anyone's photos judging by your posts so many assumptions and judgements, this forum is pretty ruined by so I'm going to the better one. The attitude gives off more amateur and snottyness than any other

That is usually the intent of a watermark...to prevent stealing. This is a great forum if you don't take comments personal but so far you sound like someone that believes they deserve more praise than what has been given. This is a learning forum and some people are more direct than others. I am guilty of the same attitude because I took offense at some of the comments at first but don't let it get to you.
 
Posted at the top of the forum area into which you posted these photographs:

Forum: General Gallery

A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique.

If you don't want critique on your photographs then don't post them in this forum area use the "Just For Fun" area. If you post them here then they will likely be critiqued and the first thing people are going to comment on, as you have noticed, is that horrendous watermark.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom