What's new

My second roll of film /:

Muffinabus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
I absolutely hate how it came out. I'm not pleased with any of the photos on the whole roll, but I figure I may as well take the ones that actually did come out semi decent and get some C&C on em.

1.
557703-R1-007-2_003.jpg


2. (Jeez, is this even in focus?)
557703-R1-033-15_013.jpg


3.
557703-R1-041-19_017.jpg


4. (This one I fear is too busy, I didn't even notice how much was going on on the right side there)
557703-R1-043-20_018.jpg


5. (Boring, right? I was trying to avoid cliche Chicago shots, but it came out decent... maybe slightly blown out on the left)



557703-R1-045-21_019.jpg
 
Hmm, I know they're bad, but no one has ANYTHING to say about anything?
 
Well, the fact that you are shooting film means you are doing something right. I really like number 2 but i feel it would benefit from a tighter crop. Film is hard. Keep shooting.
 
Hardest part about learning with my film camera (canon a-1) is that I don't get the kind of practice like I would with a digital. It costs money with every photo I take so it leads to me being cautious and takes a bit longer for me to learn from each shot. It's a cool camera though, I like it a lot.
 
Hardest part about learning with my film camera (canon a-1) is that I don't get the kind of practice like I would with a digital. It costs money with every photo I take so it leads to me being cautious and takes a bit longer for me to learn from each shot. It's a cool camera though, I like it a lot.

Don't let it get you down, in fact it will build you as a stronger photographer, IMO. I still use film, being a warmer medium. I can do a lot more with it while I'm behind the glass, setting up my shots. To me taking a roll of shots, seeing it in an hour, makes you more humble, more careful and creative and diligent.
I still use a Canon EOS Rebel/K2, and love it, and have two nice lens for it; which is all I need.

Take pride in film while it lasts, and work with it. In digital, it's equal to roughly 15Mp., so you have a chance to get really awesome shots. I like the ones you took here. Just work on the exposure and apature a bit in manual mode, or Apature priority. Good Luck! Keep shooting :thumbup::thumbup:
 
I like them all very much, nr1 a bit less and nr2 a bit more.
Making a mental note: "have to buy film and dust off the old SLR"....
 
Thanks for the comments and the encouragement guys, appreciate it.
 
i think you are being a tad hard on yourself.

i personally LOVE #2 and #4. and as a whole i think these came out nicely. i may stand alone on this one, but i don't mind blow outs and such (obviously depends on the shot). I think it adds some character to the shot. but that is what is nice about photography/art, its all subjective. shoot to please yourself!
 
Yeah, I spose I may have been a bit harsh. I guess I was just frustrated that so many of the pictures on the roll of film were just plain terrible in composition and exposure. Tis a learning experience though!

Thanks for the comments.
 
1 looks neat, but i can't figure where in chicago that is..
 
#2 caught the emotion of waiting for something.

Great shot
 
@zandman, That's La Grange, a local town I live in in the west Chicago suburbs. I like the shot for some reason, I think it looks pretty (:

@thorhammer, Thanks (: It was kind of a spur the moment thing. I missed the train back and was just chilling in union station when I felt it would be a pretty good shot. The guy across from me was giving me some pretty nasty looks until he calmed down a bit and I took it. Some people just don't like having their photos taken I guess (:
 
i was thinking the la grange near greenville but it's down south, LOL
and then i thought ur talking bout la grange/96th ave. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom