My Shtuff

aschen_engel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.des-dimension.com
Hey guys! I'm still fairly new to the wonderful world of photography (being playing with digitals for a few years now, finally stepping up to a Digital SLR next month (probably go with a Nikon D50)) I worked at a Wolf Camera for half a year learning a bit of experience and information on how to properly use the camera, as well as the essentials of what I needed. Here are a few pix I did (I touch them up in photoshop just for slight enhancement of colors). Let me know what you think! Oh, I am also in search of a photographer that can do weddings (but i'm on a pretty tight budget, so I can't afford the usual range of 1k :-( )..that is local in the DFW area of TX. Thanks everyone!

Roscoe-A Dogs Life
A_Dogs_Life_V_1_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Eva & Roscoe-The Bond (I know this one's a little tooo washed out)
The_Bond_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Sam & Des- Eskimo Kisses
Eskimo_Kisses_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Eye-
Give_me_eyes_to_see___by_AschenEngel.jpg

Curain Club
Curtain_Club_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Anastasia-Everday life of Anastasia
Everyday_Life_Of_Anastasia_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Upclose
Upclose_V_2_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Seagulls (no enhancement)
Freedom__Flying_Seagulls_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Tourniquet
Tourniquet___by_AschenEngel.gif

Western Sunset (no enhancement)
Western_Sunset___by_AschenEngel.jpg

Beams of light (no enhancement)
How_Far_Is_Heaven__by_AschenEngel.jpg

Rose
Rose_1_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Hidden Forest
Hidden_Forest_by_AschenEngel.jpg

All Things Come To An End
All_Things_Come_To_An_End___by_AschenEngel.jpg

Waves (no enahancement)
Ocean_waves_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Dangling Exit
Dangling_Exit___by_AschenEngel.jpg

Fish Fountain (taken with a D70) (no enhancement)
Fish_Fountains_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Wings To Take Flight (no enahancement)
Wings_to_take_Flight_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Anastasia-Waiting
Guarding_the_Domain_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Love, The Bind It Holds
Love__The_Bind_it_Holds_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Anastasia-Don't Fade Away
Don__t_Fade_Away___by_AschenEngel.jpg

Lonesome And Under-Caffinated
Lonesome_and_Under_caffinated_by_AschenEngel.jpg

Wow you got some nice pictures in here, but some of them are a bit large and don't fit on my screen, which makes it difficult to view them... maybe you could resize them a bit?
I don't seem to be able to view the first two shots...

i really like the "western sunset" and "beams of light"! what gorgeous colours!!

did you use selective colouring on the "All things come to an end"? I like the way you caught the drops but the grey thing(shower curtain?) on the left of the image is a bit distracting.

The " eskimo kiss" is really nice! I like the intimacy you caught here!

And the last one is great too! Like the lonely feeling to it!

great shots!

Some very cool shots you have. keep up the good and just have fun with the camers.

spako said:
Wow you got some nice pictures in here, but some of them are a bit large and don't fit on my screen, which makes it difficult to view them... maybe you could resize them a bit?
I don't seem to be able to view the first two shots...

i really like the "western sunset" and "beams of light"! what gorgeous colours!!

did you use selective colouring on the "All things come to an end"? I like the way you caught the drops but the grey thing(shower curtain?) on the left of the image is a bit distracting.

The " eskimo kiss" is really nice! I like the intimacy you caught here!

And the last one is great too! Like the lonely feeling to it!

great shots!

On "All Things Come To An End" I actually made two layers, one was the color layer, the other changed to B&W. On the color layer I removed everything but the color from the water drops (which oddly, with the faucet their, made them a blueish tint)...yea I hated that the curtain got in the way ><

I'll try to resize the other two

the first 2 and the ones with Anastasia dont appear to appear for me.

nice pics, though. you should try posting them on deviantart.com as that seems to be the sort of thing people go for over there. The whole doctoring of pics is not my scene but they look good nevertheless. good job!

jophassa said:
the first 2 and the ones with Anastasia dont appear to appear for me.

nice pics, though. you should try posting them on deviantart.com as that seems to be the sort of thing people go for over there. The whole doctoring of pics is not my scene but they look good nevertheless. good job!

already on dev ^.^

Very nice pics.
I really like the "beam of light" , as I have been trying to take this kind of pic myself for the last few days. The weather here in Luxembourg really helps right now, as it's changing almost every hour.

Calypso said:
Very nice pics.
I really like the "beam of light" , as I have been trying to take this kind of pic myself for the last few days. The weather here in Luxembourg really helps right now, as it's changing almost every hour.

sounds like Texas weather too

Hi Maurena, or "Desy", or aschen_angel, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You are presenting us a nice, if not a bit too large, number of pics, some of which don't show for me, either, like the first two and three of your little dog. And some are way too large even for my high res 19" screen, so viewing them is difficult.

A tip for whenever you are going to post as many photos in one thread again: number them. It makes commenting on them much easier for the other members.

I like that western sunset, the colours look eeriely intense, and the sun beams - I once managed to get a similar photo in our garden, but I think that was last year in summer. Beautiful sight to behold, isn't it?

Most reactions

Back