My Son At The Park...C&C Welcome!

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Here are some more shots. These were taken with my XTi and 55-250mm IS lens. Please C&C.

Thanks!

#1 I really wish he was looking at me when I took this.
AidanWeb2.jpg

#2 I got this idea from a thread I saw on another forum.
Aidan3Web.jpg

#3 This little girl just came up to my son at the park and started holding his hand. I like this one because you can see her holding his hand in their shadows. Oh and in case anyone is wondering..he is wearing a glove because he tends to suck his fingers :(
AidanWeb4.jpg

#4 And here is a close-up of the little girl.
AidanWeb5.jpg

Last edited:
very nice...like # 2 the best

Thanks! Everyone seems to like that one the best on another forum.

I like them all, especially 2! I like 3 a lot as well, and if I were to nitpick, I would say that if you hadn't cut the top of the girls head off slightly, and you could've gotten rid of the bits of trash it would've been a much stronger picture. But I like it a lot anyway. As you said, I really like how you can see the shadow of them holding hands. That's really cute.

I love #2!! I'm new at this...how did you do that?

Last edited:
I would say that if you hadn't cut the top of the girls head off slightly, and you could've gotten rid of the bits of trash it would've been a much stronger picture. But I like it a lot anyway.

Thanks for the comment! I actually have another version with the top of her head showing, but couldn't crop it down to a 4x6 without cutting something out :(. I can go back and try to crop part of the shadow instead of her head. Oh and I'll go back and clone out that trash. I didn't notice it when I was making my adjustments and saving for web.

brookie418 said:
I love #2!! I'm new at this...how did you do that?

It was pretty easy! You basically get on it..set a slow shutter. I think I used anywhere from 1/40-1/60, but I might have also shot a few using 1/20, and after selecting your shutter..just have someone spin you. Make sure you have the focus on your subject. The hardest part was trying to stay on!! I kept sliding haha.

Last edited:
I figured you used a slow shutter speed...I just figured your son would've had to be perfectly still so he wouldn't be blurry.
I bet you had a fun ride!

I figured you used a slow shutter speed...I just figured your son would've had to be perfectly still so he wouldn't be blurry.
I bet you had a fun ride!

Yeah, he was pretty still! His mom spun us pretty fast to get that motion though so I am a bit surprised I managed to get that picture without him being blurry. The ride was fun! But I had this fear of sliding off and dropping my camera lol

wow bro props to your son! hes already gettin ladies at his age! nice pics

haha..thanks! Yeah, doesn't look like he'll have any trouble ;) :)

I agree that #3 could be a lot better if it wasn't cropped so tight. If you could have all of her head and all of his shadow it would be really cool. I also feel that over the shoulder shots from behind on kids always have that stalker/predator feel, haha. But maybe that's just me. Especially since it's cropped so tightly, and it's shot from an adults eye level. You feel like you right behind them, which you were. So backing up would have helped get more in the frame, and felt less invasive.

I agree that #3 could be a lot better if it wasn't cropped so tight. If you could have all of her head and all of his shadow it would be really cool. I also feel that over the shoulder shots from behind on kids always have that stalker/predator feel, haha. But maybe that's just me. Especially since it's cropped so tightly, and it's shot from an adults eye level. You feel like you right behind them, which you were. So backing up would have helped get more in the frame, and felt less invasive.

Thanks for the comment! I know what you mean and I bet the picture would have turned out better if I were at there level and further away. I have an uncropped version, but I couldn't crop it without cutting off either her head or their shadows.

Most reactions

Back