My son turned 7 months today, CC welcome.

I think it's a great picture. Cute kid too! I'm excited to play with my 35mm 1.8g lens on my son when he's 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'd like to get a 35mm myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not bad, good lighting, good expression, good connection with the camera. I might rotate this ever-so-slightly clockwise, just a bit, and also think about cropping out the handle in the lower right hand corner...I think that handle is distracting from him a little bit. I looked at the image on-screen with a crop card held over the right edge of the frame--I think the photo is stronger with the lower right handle cut off.

The catchlights in his eyes look very,very nice! GOOD eye color and nice shadows on his face and future pectoral muscles (lol!), due to the high, overhead main lighting direction; the shadows are what make the dimensionality on his baby features really spring to life. Overall, good camera work I think, and a fine family photo. He looks like he's got great baby fat and looks fit and well-nourished and contented. Overall, he's presented in a pretty good way.

%100 agree cropping out the handle, makes the image jump out. Cute baby.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback everyone!

Not bad, good lighting, good expression, good connection with the camera. I might rotate this ever-so-slightly clockwise, just a bit, and also think about cropping out the handle in the lower right hand corner...I think that handle is distracting from him a little bit. I looked at the image on-screen with a crop card held over the right edge of the frame--I think the photo is stronger with the lower right handle cut off.

The catchlights in his eyes look very,very nice! GOOD eye color and nice shadows on his face and future pectoral muscles (lol!), due to the high, overhead main lighting direction; the shadows are what make the dimensionality on his baby features really spring to life. Overall, good camera work I think, and a fine family photo. He looks like he's got great baby fat and looks fit and well-nourished and contented. Overall, he's presented in a pretty good way.

Thank you for your suggestions! How does this look?

JMH_0048-2 by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

I think it is a great photo, and I prefer the original version to be honest. It is a well balanced composition.
I would consider to remove the handles, although it is not really important for a family shot like this, I think. Anyway, there is a very rough quick edit:
TPF baby 2.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look too bad either. Thank you for your feedback!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback everyone!

Thank you for your suggestions! How does this look?

JMH_0048-2 by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr
Wow. Awesome. Excellent capture.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

good photo, i'd definitely agree and recommend getting a 35, probably my most used lens other than 85mm because of my portrait work

Most reactions

Back