My "Split Second Impluse" Competition Entry

bell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently was invited to enter a photo competition organised by a Rome Gallery in Italy.

They asked me to participate with 5 shots under the theme "Split Second Impluse"... Like any pro event you pay a sum to participate. 30 Euros.

This is one of my entries:

My Photo Ramblings: Yummy!!! I want them.

C&C are welcome.

Cheers,

Hera Bell

Professional Montreal Photographer Hera Bell's Commercial Wedding Editorial Portrait Glamour Food Catalogue Decor Product Travel Photography Digital Montreal Photo Studio. Photographe a Montreal pour mariage, bb, maternit, famille, portraits, indi

That's a great background for those ladies! And the guy trailing behind them! Very nice juxtaposition. I was reading a Bob Krist column about such interesting locations/backgrounds as the one in your fine photo; he mentioned that when he finds a unique, interesting background like that, it's often worth just waiting there, for people to come by. Doing just that, finding an urban background that is really **interesting**, like the one in your photo is, and waiting for people to pass by seems like a great way to make interesting images. I see a lot of this done in major urban centers, where billboards and large posters, as well as window displays, make interesting juxtapositions with the people who pass by those posters or displays. Your photo is interesting due to the most-unusual door carving and how it relates to the people passing by. It's a great grab!

Hi Darrel,

Thank you taking the time and commenting.

Here is the second shot infront of that same door.

My Photo Ramblings: Paris The Same Door

I find that the humour in the first one is better. What do you think?

Most reactions

Back