My Trip To MN Bluff Country (C&C Please)

decado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this past weekend I drove down the Mississippi to Lanesboro, MN and here are some of my favorite shots, please let me know what you think.

4051615313_3da9924f7e_b.jpg

4052360812_bb4940d1cc_b.jpg

4052362008_fc8443bde1_b.jpg

4052363124_edfde5d9c6_b.jpg

4052364160_1f8a64763f_b.jpg

4052365068_a231f0c743_b.jpg

1) Love the color of the water and sky. Some areas are a bit soft.
2) Again, love the colors.
3) Not interesting enough. Also, the glare from the left side of the sky is distracting.
4) Lack of interest again. The tree is nice but not interesting enough, at least for me.
5) This would be a great candidate for HDR. The bottom is great but the sky is blown out and color-less.
6) Underexposed at the bottom and blown out sky. Another HDR candidate.

1) Love the color of the water and sky. Some areas are a bit soft.
2) Again, love the colors.
3) Not interesting enough. Also, the glare from the left side of the sky is distracting.
4) Lack of interest again. The tree is nice but not interesting enough, at least for me.
5) This would be a great candidate for HDR. The bottom is great but the sky is blown out and color-less.
6) Underexposed at the bottom and blown out sky. Another HDR candidate.
Thanks for the C&C, one question though. How is 5 and 6's sky blown out? They're just white due to clouds but I'm pretty sure they're not even highlights...

Anyways, any thoughts from anyone else?

That's not one big cloud covering the entire sky . . . There isn't enough contrast in the sky in order to differentiate between what is cloud and what is sky. You can see where the clouds are only if you look close enough. This is due to light reflections on the ground telling your sensor that it nee

A circular polarizing filter might have helped in those 2 shots.

You have an awesome collection of stuff and den, where exactly does your display case sit?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not one big cloud covering the entire sky . . . There isn't enough contrast in the sky in order to differentiate between what is cloud and what is sky. You can see where the clouds are only if you look close enough. This is due to light reflections on the ground telling your sensor that it nee

A circular polarizing filter might have helped in those 2 shots.
That's pretty much exactly how the sky looked when I took those pictures though, there was no sky, just clouds and I couldn't even delineate between the clouds with my eyes. I think that blue you're seeing is a tiny bit of sky leaking through the somewhat thin clouds.
You have an awesome collection of stuff and den, where exactly does your display case sit?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Huh?

Most reactions

Back