My two favorites ones for C&C, how did I do?

eUgalde13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi this is my baby boy when he was 4 days old. Please be advice that I didn't do any Photoshop, I don't have one and my screen is also not calibrated :(
Of course I love them and the family too but I will appreciate if I can get some advice on how I can improve my skills. Thanks....

6338134541_7e01eaaf6c_z.jpg

6338887342_b3c5e97990_z.jpg

Last edited:
I love #2, Little guy looks peaceful. Nicely done.

Eric

The only thing I'd suggest is that his skin is looking a little orange... maybe desaturate the orange channel just a bit. Other than that, it's a solid shot.

Thanks for the comments and yea I noticed about the orange tones but I didn't wanna mess with it because of my uncalibrated screen and on my iPhone looks pretty descent.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotographyForum app

Great pictures! So cute. If you want to capture the relationship between baby & parent(s), I'd recommend you look at how Walden's Photography approaches the subject. They were included in a portrait instructional DVD. Wow! They can capture some really amazing shots. They center the attention on the child and the parents are involved in the shot, but not drawing attention away from the child. In many cases, they are not even looking at the camera. Here's a link to their gallery for "relationships" to give you some ideas. Relationships | Walden's Photography

Last edited:
Great pictures! So cute. If you want to capture the relationship between baby & parent(s), I'd recommend you look at how Walden's Photography approaches the subject. They were included in a portrait instructional DVD. Wow! They can capture some really amazing shots. They center the attention on the child and the parents are involved in the shot, but not drawing attention away from the child. In many cases, they are not even looking at the camera. Here's a link to their gallery for "relationships" to give you some ideas. Relationships | Walden's Photography
Cool thanks I'll definitely check that out. :)

Can an expert help me editing these please? :( I think this two deserve a chance. I tried editing in GIMP last night but it seems like if I added a bit too much noise. I will appreciate it so much.

Steps taken in CS5....

1. Image > Hue/Saturation
2. Select Red channel
3. Set Hue to something way off to see what you are affecting.
4. Tweak the color "book-end" sliders at the bottom so the face is completely selected but as little else as possible.
5. Change Hue back to 0.
6. Lower Saturation slider to suit taste.

6338134541_7e01eaaf6c_z.jpg

bazooka said:
Steps taken in CS5....

1. Image > Hue/Saturation
2. Select Red channel
3. Set Hue to something way off to see what you are affecting.
4. Tweak the color "book-end" sliders at the bottom so the face is completely selected but as little else as possible.
5. Change Hue back to 0.
6. Lower Saturation slider to suit taste.
Awesome thanks a lot and also thank you for the tip on how to do it.

Most reactions

Back