What's new

My Valley Bulldog Portrait C&C Please

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Location
Newfoundland, Canada (yes by')
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first submitted photo for C&C.
Shot with Canon 50D with increased sharpnes CFN. 1/1000 at f5.6. Natural light.
 

Attachments

  • $C&C Please.webp
    $C&C Please.webp
    83 KB · Views: 169
not bad, in my opinion the white balance is off and its a tad out of focus, ruining it for me, i like the composittion and the backdrop though.
 
It looks great! Yes, teh focus is slightly off, but it's negligible. I think the background color is a little too close to the dog's colors, but that's just me. I like the bokeh and the vignetting is a nice touch in my opinion.

The cat tail picture i'm not a fan of though. The colors are to harsh and teh composition is a bit bland.
 
Thanks folks. I must say i did the editing on my laptop. I am now sitting at my home monitor and my color definitely a wee bit off. The cat tail looks awfull to me now. The background for the dog is sun lit dead grass. it was the days last light which lit him up nicely. Maybe the saturation was a bit over done, but he does usually look orange in the sun. Thanks again.

Also since taking that photo i have used the microadjustment feature on my 50D and it was way off. I had to step it back almost 2 units. Microadjustment is the bomb
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom