My wife on our bed

I

Iron Flatline

A shot of my wife, modeling for me.

4169004726_8b0743b316_o.jpg

Is that an intentional vignette or just shadows at the corners. The one to the left is distracting which oddly enough exaggerates the one to the right. I love looking at beautiful women but my eyes got pulled away quickly by them.

Pose, focus and lighting look great in my opinion.

Vignetting doesn't work for me at all here. Pose and composition are lovely, triangles all throughout. The model is lovely as is the light, shadows give depth and shape to her face. Good exposure and love the soft back-lit background.

Very nice shot!

I think the vignette is more distracting because it's only in 2 corners instead of all 4. As others have said, this is otherwise a very nice shot.

If I had to guess, the vignette appears to be more of an artifact of the environment, and in which case, I think it absolutely rocks. I dislike fake vignetting, but this is very nice.

ASIDE FROM THE SILLY TECHNICAL TIDBITS...

This is a beautiful and complimentary photo. Nice angle and expression, the bedroom element and the fact that I can see skin on her legs in the background all gives a faint sexual/sensual undertone to it, and yet you see elements of her age... they are subtle, but you can see them. To me this thing just yells "beauty at any age", and that's just spectacular. A very beautiful image of a very beautiful woman. You're a lucky man and I hope she's overjoyed at this picture of her. Such a wonderful thing to have.

If I had to guess, the vignette appears to be more of an artifact of the environment, and in which case, I think it absolutely rocks. I dislike fake vignetting, but this is very nice.

ASIDE FROM THE SILLY TECHNICAL TIDBITS...

This is a beautiful and complimentary photo. Nice angle and expression, the bedroom element and the fact that I can see skin on her legs in the background all gives a faint sexual/sensual undertone to it, and yet you see elements of her age... they are subtle, but you can see them. To me this thing just yells "beauty at any age", and that's just spectacular. A very beautiful image of a very beautiful woman. You're a lucky man and I hope she's overjoyed at this picture of her. Such a wonderful thing to have.

+1 on that note. Fantastic beautiful shot

I like the look/feel of the image, don't really like the vignette around her.
The filter effect you used - have mixed feelings about it - it seems a bit to dark for indoor.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful comments. I have been MIA from TPF for a while, and it is nice to come back to photography, and the community.

The vignette is classic idiocy... the hood on the lens is assymetrical (24 -105 Canon) and it is pretty loose. I had knocked it off-axis, and didn't notice for the whole set of images.

My wife is 43, the mother of my three kids, and incredibly attractive to me. She is also patient, and knows a good session means I disappear to the basement to work on my image files, thus leaving her in peace to watch Mad Men or just be on Facebook :)

Not just to you, Brother... that is a SERIOUSLY fine looking lady! It sounds like you know how lucky you are! I feel the same way 'bout being that lucky to have the wife I have, too!

That is a great image the way it is. Very nice and love the look. She is very photogenic. Do some more poses to get some more pictures for you.

Keep up the good work!

great picture man, your wife is very beautiful. i dont mind the vignette around the edge, it doesn't hurt the picture, so i dont see why it was brought up...lol

wow, first time ive seen a picture witha kind of vignette (which i understand here is real) that i love, amazing shot!

I think this shot absolutely rocks. Definitely a nice moment captured. Is it me, or are there tons of beautiful wives/girlfriends on here!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back