My wife "World Cup" Mexico

I would not have chosen that wardrobe for her, it's not very flattering... I agree with JackRabbit I would use a natural bg, looks like something out of Space, the TV channel. Also it looks like you used too much fill light, her face is a bit washed out.

We both liked the outfit and that's what counts....

Well you're asking the opinions of other photographers and we're telling you that digital backgrounds are super cheesy and the wardrobe is not working. So you can do one of two things with that; you can either, a, accept the fact that digital backgrounds are super cheesy and maybe you could use better wardrobe or, b, continue in your ways and never improve as a photographer. Take your pick.

As for your problems with the wrinkly backdrop, the best thing to do with that is shoot long. Use a long telephoto lens at the long side. This creates the super blurred background like what you want. That, in combination with a low aperture should get you the effects you desire with a nice seamless look :)

I would not have chosen that wardrobe for her, it's not very flattering... I agree with JackRabbit I would use a natural bg, looks like something out of Space, the TV channel. Also it looks like you used too much fill light, her face is a bit washed out.

We both liked the outfit and that's what counts....

Well you're asking the opinions of other photographers and we're telling you that digital backgrounds are super cheesy and the wardrobe is not working. So you can do one of two things with that; you can either, a, accept the fact that digital backgrounds are super cheesy and maybe you could use better wardrobe or, b, continue in your ways and never improve as a photographer. Take your pick.

As for your problems with the wrinkly backdrop, the best thing to do with that is shoot long. Use a long telephoto lens at the long side. This creates the super blurred background like what you want. That, in combination with a low aperture should get you the effects you desire with a nice seamless look :)

I appreciate the tips on the background.... but I can live without your other opinions.

From a posing standpoint, especially with women, try not to shoot them straight on. The human body is at its widest when you shoot it straight on. Have the model angle or twist her body. Not only does it make the body look thinner but it makes for a more pleasing shot.

I think this would have the greatest effect on improving your shot........

From a posing standpoint, especially with women, try not to shoot them straight on. The human body is at its widest when you shoot it straight on. Have the model angle or twist her body. Not only does it make the body look thinner but it makes for a more pleasing shot.

I think this would have the greatest effect on improving your shot........

Thanks... I'll have to keep that in mind....

A few tips for you (and your wife! she may even thank you.)

She has killer legs, but her pose is killing the shot.

Tilt her head up, that will take out the "wrinkle" in her face and push her head at an angle (roughly 45 degrees) instead of straight on, and NEVER look down to the camera, it emphasises the face wrinkle.
also, middle parting the hair doesn't work too well, try pulling it all to the one side.

With your wifes usually pose, I would say to pull her hair over to the right (some of it going across her forehead.) this will help thin out her head and lower the size of the forehead (so will tilting her head up to be honest.)

-after re-reading that bit, that sounds like I am saying she is ugly... no way am I saying that, she looks great.
just helps with the photograph to get the pose and hair correct.

I personally think the out fit is great :D

A few tips for you (and your wife! she may even thank you.)

She has killer legs, but her pose is killing the shot.

Tilt her head up, that will take out the "wrinkle" in her face and push her head at an angle (roughly 45 degrees) instead of straight on, and NEVER look down to the camera, it emphasises the face wrinkle.
also, middle parting the hair doesn't work too well, try pulling it all to the one side.

With your wifes usually pose, I would say to pull her hair over to the right (some of it going across her forehead.) this will help thin out her head and lower the size of the forehead (so will tilting her head up to be honest.)

-after re-reading that bit, that sounds like I am saying she is ugly... no way am I saying that, she looks great.
just helps with the photograph to get the pose and hair correct.

I personally think the out fit is great :D

Thanks for taking the time.
Scotland! Love the place! Love the Highlands!
Thanks for saying that you like the outfit. I appreciate it.
I'll try some suggestions out next time.
Hopefully soon!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back