My wife's edit of my photo

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my wife got a hold of a photo I took while in Pittsburgh and edited the crap out of it... My thoughts? I like it a lot... But I may be a bit bias. She would like some CC.

EDIT: This was her first time editing a photo and it was done with Lightroom 3

Original SOOC
4772647756_cf40095b6f_b.jpg

Her Edit
4771943719_bcbdb7a1e3_b.jpg

Last edited:
i like it! Can we see the unedited version?

Your wife turned a rather dull picture into something really special! Nice job! I would let her loose on the computer and see what she makes of it. :biggrin:

the darkness in the middle looks unnatural. All light needs a source and I can't tell where the light at the bottom is coming from. but I like the color change.

You need to be careful when boosting color/darks/blacks shadows/contrast etc.. not to loose image detail. It looks like a lot of detail was lost, particularly in the shorline to the right of the frame. It also needs brightened a bit in my opinion.. The colors are more pleasing, but overall it still feels too dark now.

there's one major thing wrong

that dark a sky would never create that bright of water. water reflects a stop darker than the sky, part of the light is absorbed, which means the sky must be 1.4x lighter than the water to be believable

also, the edit removed a ton of the detail in the shadows. this muddies the entire scene

Most reactions

Back