MyaLover does maternity?!?!?! ..........nope

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ha! No.... I did for this shoot though! But I prefer to say they were just portraits, but she happened to be preggo :) The other photos were a result of our husbands obsession with terrible movies forcing their wives upstairs to play in the studio until 430am :) Just a couple laid back photoshoots with two of the greatest friends a photographer could ask for :)

_MG_6473copy.jpg

_MG_6697.jpg

_MG_6095-Copy.jpg

_MG_6179.jpg

I think the maternity ones can be treasured :)
as for the others, they're amazing!
your work is always amazing :thumbup:
Keep up the good work!

Great shot on number #4 - especially love the pose.

I love numbers 2 and 4, I admire your work and ability to attract the most beautiful models to sit for you.......

How do you do it? I've even been offering free prints and CD just to get people to practice with.....

Models? Hahahahaha these are actually two of my best friends. As for the other girls in previous posts, it helps to be on model mayhem or live near a college, i am currently on MM and have previously lived near a college, because i went to one, got my name out there and so on and so forth. i also did a few charity fashion shows and handed out business cards all over the place. And lastly, be fake and tell people they are "adorable", vain people eat up any compliment and they always want pics of themselves. Sad but true

JS- Construstive Criticism?

Models? Hahahahaha these are actually two of my best friends. As for the other girls in previous posts, it helps to be on model mayhem or live near a college, i am currently on MM and have previously lived near a college, because i went to one, got my name out there and so on and so forth. i also did a few charity fashion shows and handed out business cards all over the place. And lastly, be fake and tell people they are "adorable", vain people eat up any compliment and they always want pics of themselves. Sad but true

JS- Construstive Criticism?

It also helps to be a chick, cause the trust factor is already halfway there.

I think that with these sorts of photos, they're really not special to anyone but the girl and the future dad. To someone like me, its just a photo of a girl who's preggo, and that kinda... ugly (sorry to say).

But compositionally, they look good. Maybe include the whole head on the second one... :)

It also helps to be a chick, cause the trust factor is already halfway there.

Yeah, that's probably a big part of it.

I've tried to create a MM account, but I'm in a catch-22. They won't allow me due to lack of quality work/model experience which is the whole reason why I'd like to be on there (to find people to work with to better gain experience.

Since I'm relatively new to the area I live in I don't really have any friends here to shoot, nor do I feel comfortable asking co-workers. The place I work is about 80% female and almost all are attractive. I'd hate asking them to sit for me to be misconstrued.

dizzy (btw sorry for hijacking this thread)
Tell them about your interest in photography and let them know how you would lie to gain experience in the model area of photography, and if they allow you photograph them (all non nude) then you will give them the photos in electronic format (cd / dvd)

Lie, plain and simple. Tell people you DO do model photography. Put up flyers. build a website, a free one is fine (wix.com). I got started taking photos and actually learning about photography, light, my camera, photoshop, etc all by doing late night self ports. thats actually how i got on model mayhem. But take photos of friend, family, etc. No one needs to know they are your friends/ family. Fake it until you make it.

It sounds like you are not too sure of your ability, which is where i would suggest the self ports. No one bothers you, and if they suck? No one sees them!

But co-workers just need to KNOW you do people photography. Sometimes you dont have to even ask, people will come to you. in the mean time practice. Everything in the beginning is word of mouth and self marketing. Seriously, fake it until you have it.

and yes, it helps being female, or a "chick". But it still is awkward telling someone to take their shirt off. But im pretty blunt anyway and once the shoot gets going, no one is thinking of it anymore.

I think that with these sorts of photos, they're really not special to anyone but the girl and the future dad. To someone like me, its just a photo of a girl who's preggo, and that kinda... ugly (sorry to say).

For the record I wasn't saying the chick was ugly. Its just that pregnant women are kinda the opposite of sexy for me. So it seems kinda contradictory to me. Now if that was my wife and my kid, these photos would be much more beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back