Mystery Indicator Light on Canon CB-2LH Battery Charger

Bill Ballard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Canon G7X Mark II has become a favorite in my shooting arsenal, especially for vlogging. It's a fantastic and versatile little beast!

Last night while charging batteries, I encountered something a mystery. I carry four batteries, all Canon NB-13L.

The first three batteries charged normally. On the last battery of the bunch to be charged, the light went from amber when first connected to white! I pulled the battery free and reinserted it for an exact repeat - amber to white after the normal charging time. I then disconnected it completely for several hours, the restarted the process. This time, it went normally, from amber to green in the usual time. A check of the battery in camera showed it to be fully charged.

My initial thought was overheating, but the charger and battery were cool - or, room temperature - to touch. I've not been able to find anything in the charger literature referencing a white indicator light. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Bill, I'll take a guess.
It could inticate something other than charging.
The Canon LC-E19 charger(for Canon 1Dx batteries) has a light that on occasion lights up and it won't charge. After calling Canon I found out that it means a battery needs to be calibrated but THAT charger has a special button that puts the battery through a calibration procedure. Once calibrated the battery is ready to charge. Maybe kinda like formatting a memory card.
Call canon and ask. There may be something the camera can do before charging the battery?
Good luck
SS

Bill, I'll take a guess.
It could inticate something other than charging.
The Canon LC-E19 charger(for Canon 1Dx batteries) has a light that on occasion lights up and it won't charge. After calling Canon I found out that it means a battery needs to be calibrated but THAT charger has a special button that puts the battery through a calibration procedure. Once calibrated the battery is ready to charge. Maybe kinda like formatting a memory card.
Call canon and ask. There may be something the camera can do before charging the battery?
Good luck
SS
Interesting - I had no idea. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back