N00b lens zoom advice

Noturbizniss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New member and photographer here. I finally upgraded from a smartphone and I just got a t3i with the 18-55 kit and a thrifty fifty and a Canon 70-300 thinking is get a rebate on it . but the 70-300mm I got with my camera was not the version eligible for a rebate (the L version is the one), and I'm deciding if u should return it and get a different lens or different brand. I paid about 530 for it. My choices are (and I'm open to other ideas) the 55-250mm, I can probably get a decent price on ebay, even new, or a tamron Tamron -70-300mm F/4-5.6(Model A005)or Sigma 70-300mm.
For Sigma I see 3 versions, 2 macros, 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro - Telephoto Zoom Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com or 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro - Telephoto Zoom Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com or an optical stabilized lens 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG OS - Telephoto Zoom Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com. The macro interests me, but I'm not sure if the os id something much more useful than the curiosity of macro, since most shots will be my family and kids as opposed to nature.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back