N00b looking for some C&C!

Well, when I was starting out, I was taking similar shots and worse. Technically these are all fine (#2 appears to be a little underexposed). I might even go so far as to say that #4 is well composed. But they don't show creativity, tell a story, or any other such things that a great photo needs.

It's tough to make any specific recommendations as far as these images go, so I'm going to recommend you read some good books. The first is cheap as dirt.... $.51 used on amazon and an EXCELLENT book on composition and creativity.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Seeing-Cr...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326487316&sr=1-2

The second is Michael Freeman's "The Photographer's Eye"
Amazon.com: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos (9780240809342): Michael Freeman: Books

These books are full of great photographs and ideas on how to create them.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd recommend losing the Flickr SPAM on each one.

6Edit688931009_903c21986e_b.jpg

When I saw " Noob", I thought at first it said " Boobs" so I rushed in here.

Well, when I was starting out, I was taking similar shots and worse. Technically these are all fine (#2 appears to be a little underexposed). I might even go so far as to say that #4 is well composed. But they don't show creativity, tell a story, or any other such things that a great photo needs.

It's tough to make any specific recommendations as far as these images go, so I'm going to recommend you read some good books. The first is cheap as dirt.... $.51 used on amazon and an EXCELLENT book on composition and creativity.

Amazon.com: The Art Of Seeing: A Creative Approach To Photography (9780879857479): KODAK: Books

The second is Michael Freeman's "The Photographer's Eye"
Amazon.com: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos (9780240809342): Michael Freeman: Books

These books are full of great photographs and ideas on how to create them.

Thank you so much for the book suggestions. I just bought the second one on my little brothers kindle. Number two was hard for my to get exposed right, because it was gloomy all day long. Thank you for your feedback.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back