n00b seeks feedback on beach pics

HitchedtoaSpark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please forgive the lack of resolution in the first pic. For some odd reason that I haven't yet figured out, the negative won't scan properly so I had to scan the print.

beach2002_01.jpg

beach2002_002.jpg

beach2002_001.jpg

Comments? Criticisms? Laurel wreaths?

:D

Why was my post moved out of the Critique Gallery? Forgive me I'm ignorant of PhotoForum protocol.

??

I think the second and third photo is too dark for black and white. Things needs to be more defined.

The first one is successful because you have a lightest value, a darkest value, and a range of values in between. The other 2 are more on the dark side.

HitchedtoaSpark said:
Why was my post moved out of the Critique Gallery? Forgive me I'm ignorant of PhotoForum protocol.

??
Because the critique gallery is for posting a single image for critique. It's difficult to give a serious critique to multiple images. That is why the forum was created. The sticky thread in the forum explains it all.

HitchedtoaSpark said:

??

the critique forum is for very "intense" critiques of photos.... this general photogallery forum is more relaxed i guess you could say, just for saying "what do you think?" :)

anyway, i like the 1st picture, makes the person look so tiny

voodoocat said:
HitchedtoaSpark said:

??
Because the critique gallery is for posting a single image for critique. It's difficult to give a serious critique to multiple images. That is why the forum was created. The sticky thread in the forum explains it all.

Sorry, must have missed that. I am looking for "intense" critiques, though. I love b&w, but I don't think I'm at where I should be quite yet. Serious criticism will help me discover where I need to improve.

I've lightened up the second and third pics, and cropped the third one so as to further "lighten up" the image:

beach2002_002b.jpg

beach2002_001b.jpg

i liked the second one as it was, it showed up fine on my monitor.
i had brightness communication problems on my first photo post too!

the first one is great! there's so much going on, but it all pretty much works

Most reactions

Back