What's new

National Geographic Photography

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just figured I would mention this...

I just saw a CD rom set at Target that has every issue of National Geographic since 1888 ( 6 CD-Roms ). Since I am under the impression that some of the best photography has been featured in this magazine, it might be a worthwhile reference for inspiration. Thoughts anyone??
 
that actuley sounds like a good idea i might go check that out tomorrow
 
I have it, and you will love it. Plan on spending some time with the different disks.
 
I have it, and you will love it. Plan on spending some time with the different disks.
im trying to do that already, just decide to spend an hour or so every day with some new setting
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
I think it was like $50...which isn't bad. I know on their website they have a harddrive for $199 that has it all together so its easier when searching. Instead of switching disc to disc. But I guess you can search names, and stuff so I am guessing photographers as well.
 
That's pretty awesome! I'm gonna have to pick that up!

I have a buddy who's dad owns every issue. He has a room with nothing but shelves full of them. Kinda surreal actually.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
I just read online that there are directions to let you upload all discs to a folder so that you can browse without changing discs. ALSO, it says that after each print year they will release updates for purchase, so you can keep it current. I am even more psyched now, buying it tomorrow for sure.
 
I just read online that there are directions to let you upload all discs to a folder so that you can browse without changing discs. ALSO, it says that after each print year they will release updates for purchase, so you can keep it current. I am even more psyched now, buying it tomorrow for sure.

Very cool. Thanks for posting all this!
 
Will you post a link so I can check it out. Thanks
 
cool find... i'll prob pick that up as well i didn't know it existed...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom