Natural Light Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished editing this shot. What do you think?

Natural light + silver reflector.
5D MKII
85mm @f/2.2
1/2500 sec
ISO 400
untitled_by_danostergren-d9d9faj.jpg

With this framing it feels somewhat off balance, but otherwise I like it.

I think its amazing.

I really like this....Would not change a thing.....Great work.....

How would you frame it?
I would give rather more space to her left, than to the right (the shady part). Deep, black shadows on her right outweigh the not very wide to begin with zone of highlights. Then is her gaze. Not very clear, where she is looking, the only sure thing is, she looks to the short side of the frame and above the viewer. She is not engaging the viewer with her eyes, seems to distant.
Nice work with retouching !

How would you frame it?
I would give rather more space to her left, than to the right (the shady part). Deep, black shadows on her right outweigh the not very wide to begin with zone of highlights. Then is her gaze. Not very clear, where she is looking, the only sure thing is, she looks to the short side of the frame and above the viewer. She is not engaging the viewer with her eyes, seems to distant.

I disagree. The way the arm, wrist and hand all flow into the face, which is inline.

How would you frame it?
Thanks for the feedback.

^^
I may have given just a tiny bit more room above the ladies head, but what do I know. Very nice

Very nice. This portrait feels much more natural.

Excellent work, as usual. Beautiful lady, as well.

Most reactions

Back