sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple from today; I put these in the nature thread because they ARE fairly obviously floral photos, but I was trying to create an abstract. These are some of the first abstracts I've purposely set out to do, rather than "seeing" the abstract portion in a photo I'd already created.

Shades of Orange 1:

Shades of Orange 2:

Oh my gosh! I love love love love love love these!! The color is exquisite! I think it also looks like ladybug wings in flight. So amazing!

Amazing what you can do with a carrot, a slicer, and a magic marker... isn't it? lol! (just kidding!)

Nice shots, Sharon!

I like it but I would also like to see a bit more depth of feild in them.

I think there perfect I really don't think you should change anything.

you fail before sucsess

Thanks, Snakeguy and sam7771, I appreciate the comments.

Snakeguy--while I did these with the extreme shallow DOF intentionally and rather like how they turned out, I think the idea of doing it with more dof has merit, particularly if I could get a shot like the second with more dof. In the first, I think it would diminish the abstract nature of the shot.

I've got LOTS of lilies blooming and about to bloom, so there's plenty of time to do more experimenting!

I was looking through what I took to see if I had any with more depth of field for snakeguy--as I suspected, I did all of these with a pretty wide open aperture, so I'll have to try to get some new ones. But I did find one other that I really liked, although it's more just a macro than an abstract:

Nicely done. I really like both of them, and your 3rd macro image just blew me away. And this comes from Mr. Conservative himself.

You are vary good at photography and I have been taking photos for roughly 4 months

you fail before sucsess

Most reactions

Back